1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 120gb hard drive installed but ....

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Yellowman, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

I just installed my new 120gb hard drive but I have few questions. I have the matrix chip with evolx blue. Before I upgraded my HD booting up on the blue X it would say Maxtrix chip inside. But now it just has blue X with microsoft. I put my back up C & E folder onto my new HD and lost that maxtix inside... its no big deal but does anyone know what file it was or why that happpen?

The other question I have is how do I tell that I got my whole 120gb hd space? I did add a new F folder where I can save games and Apps but would the MS Memory acually tell you how much disk space I have? Like on the PC windows explorer would tell you how big a folder is an all. Is there a program on Xbox that can do that? Sorry IM still a newbie to this..but so exited to have got this far.

TIA for your help.

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

if you use slayers2.1 to set up the new drive for you, it will put on some skins that actually tell you what your drive space is right on the main menu. not sure if slayers2.o does this because i never used it

3. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

darthnip thanks I got new skins and that worked. Do you know the file that used to bring up when I load with the blue X that said matrix chip inside? I dont know what happen to that saying it now just say microsoft. I don't know if when backing up C&E it over ride that file or not. Thanks again. Oh also any cool stuff you recommend for me to put on I have little jonny install for some of the apps.