1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 20GB Xbox 360 JTAGable?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by briceybob, May 27, 2011.

1. briceybob

briceybob Member

I bought a brand new 20GB Xbox 360. It was in police lockup for over two years as part of an investigation. My guess is that it can be JTAGed, I have not opened it yet. I do not have the tallents to attempt to JTAG one of these things. What would my best option be?

2. gstarraw13

gstarraw13 Member

First check manufacture date and kernel #.

Manufacture date on back of xbox has to be on or before 6/1/2009.

Check kernel under system settings > console settings> dashboard value will be displayed in format such s 2.0.7371. Needs to be 7371 or lower.

3. budro

budro Regular member

@ gstarraw13, correct.

As far as actually having it jtagged, pay someone to do it pro. It can't be too expensive. I do jtag setups myself locally.

4. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

lol how did a xbox 360 get into police lockup?

5. briceybob

briceybob Member

I undertstand how to determine if it can be JTAGed. I was wondering what I should do with it. There are few JTAGable consoles left.

Can I make money on it, would it be worth finding someone to do it, or should I just flash the drive and be happy?

I'm trying to see what everone else would do.

6. Gray626

Gray626 Regular member

If you plan on keeping it, it's a cool machine to have jtagged. If you are planning on selling it, you can sell it from $150 on up depending on what you sell with it (extra external HDD with homebrews and games), what type of motherboard it is and whether or not it has the built in memory or not and hdmi or non-hdmi. I personally have had many of them and have made quite a profit selling them. Again, that is just me. i uld take budros advice and have it done professionally. There are many senior members on here that can do it for you.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

If you try to sell it on ebay sell it as OLD DASH, do not sell it as jtagable. I tried to sell one a couple weeks ago and ebay removed the listing. They consider jtagable xbox's as modded and will not allow them on ebay unless you update the dash.

Here's a copy of the email from ebay if you want to check it out.