1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 360 Falcon Identifying

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ARGUS_328, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

Hey guys, I just got my 360 replaced and I'm hearing lots of different ways on how to go about identifying if you got a Falcon Board and Processor(s) some people say that all you have to do is look at your power supply and see if it is a 175W supply or the older one which is 203W power supply, but others discredit that and say it is not a definitive way to tell, other people say that you need to look at the Manufacturer date and lot number and team that made it. mine was made on 11-1-07 (I dont know the team or lot number...where do you get that info?) aside from opening the 360, how does one tell if they got the falcon or not?

2. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

I found my lot number and build date and team info which are as follows:

Lot Number: 0744
    Build Date: 11-1-07
    Team: FDOU

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

If the lot number is over 737 ther it's a Falcon. BTW I've seen 5 falcons and they all had the new power supply. I've seen a couple of new 360s that had slightly lower lot numbers that weren't falcons. They had old power supplies too. I know for sure, because I've opened up each one of them.

4. neptune

neptune Regular member

The new Xbox 360 Premium consoles (the consoles with free copies of Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance in the box) eventually started shipping with Falcon hardware, but these things needed to be in Lot 738 or greater. There are mixed results with lower lot numbers, but the newer the console, the greater your chances of getting a Falcon.

The next thing you'll want to confirm is the team, also located on the same sticker as the lot number. Team FDOU appears to be the most popularly associated with Falcons, at least in North America.

5. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

well then, given the above information I submitted to you all...then I'd say I have a Falcon...yes, yes?

6. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Thanks guys for your help. I have a lot 735, Team FDOU, 203 W power, what do you think, probably not a Falcon? I'm pissed, I just bought it too, like a month ago.

7. neptune

neptune Regular member

yes i think so

8. neptune

neptune Regular member

but these things needed to be in Lot 738 or greater

starlane you have older motherboard not a falcon:(

9. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Thanks neptune, cool name by the way. lol just missed it, dammit, oh well. Hopefully, keeping it cool with a fan (like Ms reps suggested) will help.

10. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Lot 0737
    Elite 360
    Team FDOU

Falcon with BenQ

Got lucky I guess

11. StanLane

StanLane Guest

According to this site, it's 734 or above

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=15804553

How to find a Falcon model 360 in stores

Based on the info in this thread, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:

Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs)

Manufactured on or after 8/24/07(An HDMI Premium manufactured on 8/19 has been reported as 65nm.)

Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

Please note that getting a Falcon console is not guaranteed even if everything matches the above information. Only some new consoles are Falcon, and no Falcon refurb consoles have been reported.

12. neptune

neptune Regular member

StanLane the only way to tell if you have a falcon is open up the case :)

13. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Neptune, can you F it up lol if you open it up? Do you have to remove crap to tell? or just open the case?

14. neptune

neptune Regular member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  15. StanLane

StanLane Guest

Thanks Neptune, you're the man!! Look on my other post about the cooling system, let me know if you think it will work.

16. alucard5

alucard5 Guest

hey guys i just want to help everyone regarding the falcon chip. i just buy a new 360 pro last friday Dec 7 2007 this what i got
    lot number 741. mnf 2007/10/10, team FDOU, 203W. i dont know if its a falcon, because it has 3 ring copper coil but a BENQ drive
    take note not all 360 release mnf september up to now is a falcon. there is no good chance, that you will get a falcon regardless if its the arcade the pro or elite. I scoutng the store for 2 months for 175W but there is no luck, but what i can tell you the new 360 that i buy is much
    cooler, i played it 7 hours the day after i buy,and the console is still
    cool, there is no loud sound you can hear, it is smooth sound like a ps 2 its not like a jet engine sound.there is a warm moisture coming out from the back of the fan..its about 70 degree after 7 hours.
    for what i have experience just buy 360 now,, it might be a falcon or what ever. its defend how you use your 360,have common sense when playing 360 put your console in an open space so their is much cooler
    if you dont have
    AC put a fan near the 360 so it makes more cool. second dont over use the 360 like playing 20 hours..let it rest every 3 hours for 15 min,, untill the 360 cool down. and dont mod the 360. drive dont tweak the console. if its broken send it to MS..one more thing xbox 360 is expensive so take care your investment... good luck and have fun playing 360

17. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Is it true that the new 65nm Falcon chips eliminate the RROD permanently?

18. steimy

steimy Active member

poolpro

No, that is not true.

19. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

Steimy is correct....but poolpro....alot of people believe that it is a giant step forward to getting this overheating problem resolved...Even water cooling has the potential to get the 3ROD, wouldnt everybody agree? but with the falcon chipset...is it 100% guaranteed that your not gonna get the 3ROD?....the answer is "No"

20. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

oh ok. I also heard that a newer 360 is also coming out some time next year that will guarantee the elimination of the 3ROD. I read that from XBox.com forums.I have just registered to have mine repaired but haven't received their e-mail yet and it has been like 3 hours since I made the order.How long does it usually take to receive their e-mail?

Thanks in advance.