1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 8GB Pro Duo Problems

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sammyc7, Jul 3, 2007.

1. sammyc7

sammyc7 Guest

Hey, i recently bought an 8GB Pro Duo off eBay and have had a few problems. Firstly, when i loads ISOS and PSX games on i cna only see a few and the rest come up corrupted. Is this down to the memory card? Also after loading PSX games the second time after i get the error 800004. Is this down to it again? I hope someone can help me as i can't play half of my games as they come up corrupted. I am on 3.4OE-A aswell if that helps.

Thanks
    Sam

2. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

private message me and i will help you

3. sammyc7

sammyc7 Guest

ok will do

anyone else know what the problem is?

4. sammyc7

sammyc7 Guest

gangsta00 couldnt help so if anyone else knows how to get it to work it would be much aprreciated

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Sounds like a fake card to me. It's probably a 1 gig card made to look like an 8 gig. So anything you put in after 1 gig will be corrupt. Contact seller and paypal, demand a refund!

6. sammyc7

sammyc7 Guest

but when i check teh memory in properties it comes up like 7890mb which is correct.

7. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

put it in the PSP

goto settings \ format memory stick

then it will format it for PSP and put all the folders u need on it

GAME ISO/CSO's = ISO Folder

PSX EBOOTS = GAME FOLDER (NOT GAME150)

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sammy-theres known compatibility issues with 8GB memsticks and PSP-just like when 1.5 firmware had troubles with anything over a 2GB.
    To check your memstick to see if its fake-->scroll over to the memory stick icon under the game icon in your PSP menu-hit triangle-it will bring up the information sidebar-hit X-it will then show your user capacity, free space, and MagicGate-If it says "unknown" or "unsupported" after MagicGate, you might want to contact the seller and get your money back because you have a fake. Also, STOP BUYING MEMORY STICKS FROM EBAY, PEOPLE!! </rant>

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

It will show up as 8 gig space. However, anything you put in pass a certain point will be corrupted. To test it, put large videos in it until you use up all 8 gb. Then run the video and see if it's corrupt. I am willing to bet big money some of your video will become corrupt.

10. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

No it doesn't my 1GB doesn't say 1000mb or 1GB it says 946MB.

11. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

My point was it won't just show around 1 gb under memory capacity. It will show somewhere around 8 gb. However, most of which is actually fake. It's a way to trick your PC to think it has 8 gb when in fact, it has much less.