1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ABGX Setup Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by miketrev, Oct 27, 2009.

1. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

I have created this guide as the one TORO wrote is quite out of date. This guide is based on TORO's work (not sure who he is though) so all credit to him! (And those who have commented below with corrections)

When you first open ABGX, go directly to the "Option" tab, check the "Check/Fix Video Padding" & "Check For ANYDvD Style Game Data Corruption" button. (Note: You don't have to enable the AnyDVD corruption check. If a game is verified, then that check will be carried out whether you check that box or not. Checking it only forces the check on non-verified games)

[​IMG]

Then go to the “Autofix” tab, change the drop down box to "Level 3 - AutoFix Stealth passes but fails verification" (Note: You can leave at Level 2 if you rip you own games) and check the “Adjust angles that deviate more than 3 degrees from the CCRT targets” button. (Note: Adjusting the angle for older firmwares isn't relevant to anyone using iXtreme 1.4 or above, so for most people there is no point in checking that box.)

[​IMG]

Next go to the "Misc" tab, click on "Select" and put a check in your region code. Note I have used PAL due to being in a PAL region, you may need to select another option depending on where you live

[​IMG]

And finally, we now need to save these setting. Click on "File" the "Save Settings". Make sure you save as the Default so ABGX wioll load these settings each time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

yeah the noobs probably need this since no one on here knows how to search. Looks pretty!
  4. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Hover the mouse over the blue i next to Check/Fix Video Padding. Part of what it says is "this does not affect stealth and is definitely a waste of time" and "it doesn't matter if you enable this or not, but you'll save some time if you leave it disabled".

Also, you don't have to enable the AnyDVD corruption check. If a game is verified, then that check will be carried out whether you check that box or not. Checking it only forces the check on non-verified games, which may be useful for some, but a guide should make this clear.

And again, adjusting the angle for older firmwares isn't relevant to anyone using iXtreme 1.4 or above, so for most people there is no point in checking that box.

Sorry if you think I'm having a go, but a good guide should explain the options and why exactly you might want to enable them, but abgx360 does that already when you hover the mouse over the blue i next to each option. There will be no need for most people to enable some of the options that you're telling them to enable.
  5. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Added to guide. Thanks dude.
  6. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Cool man. BTW, it's also debatable whether you should switch autofix to level 3 if you're ripping your own games. Personally I would leave it at level 2, because I would rather trust the stealth files I've ripped from my own originals than the ones that have been uploaded to the abgx360 database by a stranger. Level 3 is the setting you want for downloaded ISOs though.

You don't need to change that SplitVid setting either, lol. From the Quickstart info on abgx360 GUI: -

7. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Nice one, amendments made & finished. Cheers for your help with this ;).
  8. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I have updated my Stealth Patching Guide with this tutorial. Thanks!
  9. qwert99

qwert99 Regular member

Great work. Definitely a needed guide for the community. I've personally learned what I know about ABGX from bits and pieces I've gathered from reading forums. It's good to see all of the necessary info in one place.
  10. gjmyers23

gjmyers23 Member

thanks gonna add this to my memory bank. you guys rock keep up the good work.
  11. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

A quicker setup guide: -

Ripping your own discs? Change nothing.

Downloading games? Change autofix to level 3.

That's all you need to do. You can set your console's region if you like, then if you download a game and the NFO is incorrect, you'll be able to easily spot it's the wrong region before you burn it.
  12. John_Donn

John_Donn Regular member

I have my setting of abgx to ntsc for my region but in the middle of the stealth check it says the disc is region free. If it doesn't matter i don't care i just figured that would be a red flag for M$ to ban me...but good job
  13. johnny412

johnny412 Regular member

Miketrev if you get time do you think you could update it for the newest version? I think its 1.02?
  14. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

Read my previous post. You only need to change one setting and that's if you're downloading games and not ripping them yourself. A lot of the boxes that guides tell you to check only apply if you're running old firmware (iXtreme below 1.4).

Mike's guide still applies to this version. It's just that the settings in the first screenshot and the "adjust angle 359" setting in the second screenshot only apply if you're using outdated firmware, which the guide makes clear. Other than that you just need to set the autofix level appropriately and select your console's region (which is optional, but worth doing IMO).

The only new option that you might want to check is "Include the CSV" under Options. If you hover the mouse over the blue i next to that option, it'll tell you what it's for. You don't have to enable it though. All the other options that need to be checked are checked by default, so you don't need to change them.

EDIT - Besides, we'll be seeing another new version fairly soon I would imagine as Left 4 Dead 2 has a new video partition, so they'll have to update the app to include that (wave 5).
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  15. johnny412

johnny412 Regular member

Yeah, i just went and compared them and like you said there are only a couple of changes so everything is basically the same. Thanks. :)
  16. VITAL715

VITAL715 Member

you don't need to do check/fix video padding or check for anydvd style game data corruption

nevermind 3rd post says it
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  17. juggalo66

juggalo66 Member

If I'm checking to see if my burned Xbox 360 game is stealth with abgx360, do I need a kreon drive?

Thank,
    Trevor
  18. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

No.
  19. cordless

cordless Member

Here's a dumb question I looked everywhere for a answer.

Im trying to rip my game i own Left 4 Dead, using xbox360backup version 2.9 Build 0306 latest version, it rips ok a ,ISO to my hard drive no errors , but it wont burn cuz the video partition error ) think cuz its wave 4 )

using abg360 to fix this but , when agb360 make the corrections , it dont modify the .iso file , it makes a bunch of files like .in and .bin files , what do I do with those , where is the modified .iso file ? it dont make a new one , and it dont modify the old one ?
  20. cordless

cordless Member

( Left 4 Dead 2 ).iso

Here's a dumb question I looked everywhere for a answer.

Im trying to rip my game i own Left 4 Dead 2, using xbox360backup Creator version 2.9 Build 0306 latest version, it rips ok a ,ISO to my hard drive no errors , but it wont burn cuz the video partition error ) think cuz its wave 4 )

using abg360 to fix this but , when agb360 make the corrections , it dont modify the .iso file , it makes a bunch of files like .in and .bin files , what do I do with those , where is the modified .iso file ? it dont make a new one , and it dont modify the old one ?

ERROR in post "Its Left for Dead (2) correction made.."
  21. MReprogle

MReprogle Regular member

Unless I'm mistaken, shouldn't we be sure to leave the 'Adjust angle 359' box unchecked. If using LT, they reccommend using SSV2, and this will just defeat the purpose, since it will just change all your angles back to 359 instead of having those variable angles that we want.

Correct me if I'm wrong though!