1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new and in need of help (ps2 apps (elfs?))

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mrgreaper, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mrgreaper

mrgreaper Regular member

hi im new to all this and need some help on a couple of things

my equipment (figured it would be more useful if i tell you what i have before i ask what i need :) )

A pc
    ps2 silver pal (scph 50003) (plz note i can play ntsc games through hdadvance) NO mod chip
    hdadvance 2.0 dvd + cd
    80gig maxatdor hd
    max drive usb flash pen
    max drive ps2 software (one tutorial said to use the media player option in this to load elfs ...there is no media player Sad )
    ps2`s ip is 172.16.1.36 gateway is 172.16.0.1 subnetmask is 255.255.0.0

What i need help with
    i was told i can copy ps2 games from my pc to my ps2 hd through my network eliminating the need to remove the hd each time to do this i was told i need to make a ps2 exploit file with psmenu on it and naplink (also discovered that as i have a non default ip i need to make a ipconfig.dat on mc0: (ummm what is mc0: ??? how do i make a ip config?). then i saw light down the tunnel someone said they could make a max save file for me to send to my ps2 memory card with the max software if i get a ps1 game to act as a boot disc :) i got point blank 2 pal from my local shop its been 3 days aint heard from the guy :( and my email bounced so his email no longer works. i was told once the exploit works i can transfer any elf through ftp onto my ps2 hd (unofficial) and execute them with psmenu but no idea how. please if some kind soul could creat the max save file for me i would be eternaly grateful and if they could tell me or create for me this ipconfig.dat and how to place it in mc:0 ? (i assume mc stands for memory card ? ? ? another max save file needed?) i have googled for tutorials on how to do this and there are so many but none i understand fully so i am in desperrate need of clear guidence please if any of you can help i`m begging you

thank you in advance david

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

get familiar with your Max drive software. Once you learn how to transfer files from your max drive to a memory card then you will be on the way to success.

You still need a PS1 game to run the exploit though, and there is no real advantage to running an app off the HDD over your MC.

mc0 stands for Memory Card zero. It means the MC in slot 1. mc1 would mean the mc in slot 2.

The other thing is that you can run your naplink with the exploit and NOT have to use ps2menu. Its up to you. I have no idea how to compile a max drive file to transfer to your mc, so I cant help there. But there are numerous helps on this site. I suggest you search through yahoo or some other search engine and it will for sure link you right back to this site. (it works better than the search button on here. Or just read through the first couple pages of this forum. Something useful will show up.

3. mrgreaper

mrgreaper Regular member

google let me down too many tutorials that require you to run a burnt cd

and i am going through these forums carefully to find out if my question has been asked before but there is a lot to take in on this site and a lot of reading i`m hoping some kind soul will guide me through this carefully ) or create the max save file for me
    i have a ps1 game ready to use (brought for this very use ) point blank 2 i have searched and searched for tutorials and have yet to find a straight fwd one :( the reason i want to use the hdd over the mc is pure space i have read in some tutorials once i run the ps2menu.elf i can choese to load any elf installed on the hd or usb pen device that would mean i could load hdloader /hd advance /mc manager etc etc with ease its just this first step :(

i did come across this site http://homepage.ntlworld.com/zxspeky/guides_coming_soon.htm that has a max save already configured but my ps1 game is not in the list if any one knows how to edit this or indeed how this was created it would be of great help

4. mrgreaper

mrgreaper Regular member

Stinky_1 thankyou for your help it works a treat