1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and large games won`t work.please help me

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Alexl19, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Alexl19

Alexl19 Member

hi please help me . i have a slim ps2 with a modchip installed.smaller games like juiced 2 work fine but nba 08 and fifa 08 , usually games bigger than 4 gigs dont work either the screen goes black or it says that it won`t work. What should i do please help me please?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

What type of modchip do you have?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  4. Alexl19

Alexl19 Member

the modchip I use is Modbo 760

5. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok that chip should play all games fine so it says.
    Is the region of the 2 games in particular you mentioned the same region as your PS2. I am not sure what buttons you press on your particular chip if thats the case.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  6. Alexl19

Alexl19 Member

thank you smokyrain, so my ps2 is PAL , the games should be PAl to? and it will work. i am using x-data dvds and i burn them with nero is that enough?

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Your welcome Alex, but seeing you have a Modchip installed it should boot NTSC games and play them fine automatically, but sometimes there are some games that won't. Maybe you need to press Triangle or something when booting or after to get it too work. Like say with the Matrix Infinity chip its shortcut menus are:
    Circle - Boots Chip/system into PSX DVD Video mode. This forces the PS2 to either play PS1 games or DVD movies.
    Triangle - Forces the system to boot the Infinity Manager (if installed - To install, please refer to the Infinity Manager section in this tutorial)
    Cross - Forces the system to bypass settings and boot to the Sony Browser with the chip enabled.
    Start - This Disables the chip. Once this is done, tap the standby button to reset the system to finish disabling the chip. To Re-enable the chip you must place the system into standby.
    Select - This forces a Fast boot on PS2 games. Basicly skipping the startup animation and PLaystaion 2 Logo on disc boot.
    R1 - This boots a homebrew ELF file from the first memory card (mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF) If installed - To install, please refer to the DEV1 section of this tutorial.
    L1 - This boots a homebrew ELF file from the hard drive if installed (hdd0:/__boot/boot.elf) To install, please refer to the DEV2 section of this tutorial.
    To enter the Configuration Menu, hold TRIANGLE AND CIRCLE at power on.

Now like I say your button shortcuts may be similar or different, I am not sure.
    For the best media to use, read here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/303681
    Hope some of that helps you out. Nero is fine to burn with but I always use Imgburn(its free, jsut google it) to burn or rip PS2 games and I burn at 4x using DVD-R, if using DVD+R, make sure to set your Booktype to DVD-ROM.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  8. Alexl19

Alexl19 Member

thank`s again smoky rain, i will try those , but should i also try rebuliding these games?

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

No problem Alex, and you shouldnt have to rebuild those games as you have a modchip. Not too say you couldnt try rebuilding them with gnie expert tool as others have had too for those games to work with Swap Magic.

10. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I figured the modbo 745 was a Matrix Infinity clone, but wasnt sure til I checked it out.
    It is a cheap chip according to most, and may not play all backups and imports.
    Here is the Matrix guide and if you scroll half way down or more, there is pics of the config menu. Also is a section for clones.
    http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9056
    So maybe rebuilding will help you or maybe not. Let us know if it works out for you.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  11. Alexl19

Alexl19 Member

I rebuilded the game and it works perfectly.Thank you smokyrain for all your replies!

12. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Right on, glad its worked out for you.