1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and need help!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ichimain, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ichimain

ichimain Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I've come to seek out help. I'm computer disable meaning I don't know a lot about computers so bare with me. I've use to use DSL from Yahoo dsl and I would download fine. I would get green light or the word is green. I'm currently using abc[yet another bittorent] as my P2P provider. It's core is Bit tornado. I've recently transfered to using wireless cable providing by Time Warner cable. I'm currently using a wireless net gear model # is WG111 v2. And the Router is CG814WG V2. and basically what I'm asking is how do I make my download faster and make it green like it use to be.

2. ichimain

ichimain Member

Also I did a bit snooping around in this forum I do now have windows firewall on but i do have an inbounded firewall from norton but that has never bother my download before when i had yahoo high speed dsl with the modem.

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

You need to open ports on your router, visit PortForward.com for all you need to know.

Good luck.

4. ichimain

ichimain Member

Thank you. So I have to go on the computer that has the router and go to portforward.com right?

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Yes, and if you have a firewall you may want to check its config. You need to allow your torrent client access to the internet.