1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and need some advice!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by wvff525, Dec 30, 2003.

1. wvff525

wvff525 Member

I have had my PS2 for a while but have just recently heard about mod chips. I've been looking around at different sites trying to figure out which one I should get. First off, I think I have a V4 system. my model # is SCPH 30001 R but I do not have a screw in the expansion bay and there is a electrical hazard on the bottem of the system, it also has 8 screws on the bottem. So, according to modchip.com I have a V4 system. O.k. about chips, I know what I'm capable of doing and soldering is out of the question. I've seen the no solder chips that claim to be plug and play, these have to work with a swap disk right? I have also seen ones that claim you don't even have to open the system it all works off a disk, am I correct? Can someone tell me the procedure how to load games with the swap disk? Does this work with the V4 system? and I'm worried about potential damage from repeatdly unlocking the tray with the slide tool or whatever it is called. Its not that I would mind loading games this way. I just don't want to damage my discs or my system and eventually have to buy replacement parts. Am I worrying about something that is not possible? Will this method work for DVD's too? and Finally can someone give me a link to one of these swap disk things so I know exactly what I'm supposed to get. (i'm unsure if i need to get the no solder plug in chip to go with the disks or if just the disks themselves will work) Finally, I know this method is not the preferred method but I don't have a bunch of money to throw out for an expensive chip and then pay someone to solder the thing in. As long as the swap disk method works that is good enough for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member