1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and need some help with modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by GraveRobs, Feb 26, 2007.

1. GraveRobs

GraveRobs Member

Hello, I had a question and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a modded Xbox and I was trying to add roms to my Surreal 64 Emulator but im not sure how. I read in a previous forum you had to burn the games onto a DVD, but unfortunatly I dont have a DVD burner and was wondering if I could use a CD-RW disk instead, and if so, how could I get it to work on my modded Xbox.

2. howareyou

howareyou Member

you're supposed to have a ROMS directory on one of the drives. You might have more than one so just figure out which one surreal uses, what i mean is take different games and put one in every roms folder you find and just rule them out. Anyway as for using cd's, burn them all or whichever roms you want onto the disc, start your xbox, and using some sort of file manager copy those roms into the correct roms folder. you can now go into surreal, click refresh and you should see all your games.

hope this helped.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

another way would be just to FTP them from your PC to your Xbox
    Only problem with both methods is the file name size. Some ROM files tend to have names that exceed the filename size limit.
    UnleasheX dashboard has an auto rename feature, and i think there are also programs out there that can convert and shorten the names for you. If they fail to copy or transfer it may be due to a filename that is too long.

4. GraveRobs

GraveRobs Member

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. But now I have another problem,yesterday when I was following the instructions you had gave me, my Xbox shut off on me and I thought of it as nothing. So i turned it back on and the screen wouldnt go to then evolution X screen as it usually does, infact it didnt even start up like it usually did, it made no noise or the screen didnt light up. I called customer support and they said that I needed a repair and it would cost $79.90. I was wondering if there would be another way to fix my xbox without having to pay nearly $80.00 for a repair.

5. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

first do not send the xbox in for repair because microsoft has stated they will throw your console in the trash if you send them a console with a mod chip installed so i wouldn't advise this second i have a question what type of chip

and what version of xbox

there are several versions of xbox's

there are

last number i have seen is 3.0 just purchased a new xbox

6. steimy

steimy Active member

there are shops around like Teammodders.com that could fix it if you can't.

what instructions did you follow? step by step what did you do?

7. GraveRobs

GraveRobs Member

I'm not sure what version it was but I remember just about all the applications and what not that were on it. I'm positive it isnt the latest version since I got it about 2 1/2 years ago. I was last on an application called Avalaunch and I was see'ing if I could add roms to my project 64, UltraHLE, and 1964 folders, then it had shut off. I turned it back on and it started to do the red/green flashes.

8. GraveRobs

GraveRobs Member

I think I have a DuoX Mod chip, I looked it up and it seems as though It has all the applications I had on it. I'm thinking about just trading the xbox I have into a game store for a ps2 and buy a modchip for it since I have 2 xbox's, 1 modded the other wasnt. Also, thanks steimy for the teammodders website, im going to see if they can fix my modded xbox and try the roms thing to see if it works.