1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New At DVD Ripping. NEED EDUCATING!!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ordonyez, Aug 13, 2003.

1. ordonyez

ordonyez Member

Hey,
    First of all I tried to rip a DVD by dragging the files off of a DVD. It gave me a few error messages saying that I could not copy them but I managed to find a way to rip them onto my desktop. When I viewed the video files they did not work. I could kind of hear sound and the visual was black and squares of colour would just appear. How can I get these video files (with menu's etc) onto my harddrive so I can re-burn them? Also, after I had successfully ripped the files from the DVD onto my hard drive I checked out the size of the folder and it was 7.25GB. I have 4.7 Gb DVD-Rs. Is there a way I can get this DVD ripped onto a DVD-R this size? Basically, I am looking at making complete duplicates of a couple DVDs I own (Menu's, special features, delted scenes and ALL) If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

2. allin

allin Regular member

Use DVD Shrink, this will rip the movie and shrink it to fit a 4.7gb disc. Do this in Full Disc mode if you want to keep everything on the disc. Then simply burn with Nero

3. ordonyez

ordonyez Member

I used DVD shrink and it worked perfectly. However, I have Roxio on my computer and burned the VIDEO_TS folder as a data DVD and it did not work. Is this because I burned it as a data DVD?