1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New at this -_-

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Ragityrok, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

I bought a PSP 2 days ago (2.71 TA-082), and I downgraded to 1.5 using someone's downgrader off this site (Thanks, Puncharger). Now everything worked fine, successful downgrade, but where do I start upgrading? Could anyone give me links or AIM me @ "It Was Not Luck"? I want to be able to play SNES, Sega, etc., and finally be able to upgrade and go back onto the web. Thanks.

2. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

upgrade to dark_alex custom firmware 3.40 oe-a it has all th capabilitys of 3.40 and u can play emulators and roms follow this site if it dosent work tell me

www.emulator-zone.com

then go to PSP then on bottom it ses "Here are some emulators for the PSP"click that and voila find ur emulator

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  3. Ratchet2

Ratchet2 Member

I'm a Devhook guy, so I'm not really educated in OE, but I just want to know; let's say that I have 3.40 OE-A, and in the near future, a game comes out that requires 3.50 firmware. Can you progressively upgrade the Custom Firmwares, or what?

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@Ragityrok- I would use this for your upgrade, then go here for your emulators-as far as roms though..you'll have to find those on your own.

Yes, you can..If and when the new custom firmwares become available...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  5. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

Ok, so I have nothing on it, except the things that were on the downgrade.exe. I have Hen-D, Update v-X.YZ, idStorage Change. Nothing else is saved on the PSP or the Memory Stick. I haven't touched any of them. Do I need to delete them? Or do I need anything before upgrading. I've read about DevHook, etc., Do I need to get those 1st? Sorry, as I said, I just got this the other day and I don't want to brick it, I just want to do it right the 1st time.

EDIT: Thanks, Deez_Nutz.

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

You are on 1.5 FW right now correct?

7. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

Yes, do you got AIM? It's much faster -_-.

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sorry, no AIM-I have MSN though...I think?

9. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

PM me your Email ;x.

10. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sent- But if I dont hear from you..You can now go ahead and format your memory stick while you are on 1.5FW to get rid of the downgrader install files, then use that 3.40OE easy winstaller I posted earlier..The program runs from your computer and transfers the needed installation files to your PSP-Once you do that, you run the program from the game menu on your PSP and it will upgrade to 3.40OE-After you successfully upgrade to 3.40OE, you will want to again format your memory stick so it creates the correct folder structure for you..

11. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

Sorry, didn't look at PM box. I upgraded to 3.40 OE-A a few minutes before I read your post, I need help installing emulators so I'll be IMing you in a few minutes. Sorry, the installer read-me.txt files are pretty vague for the noob :(.

12. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

Double-Post ftl.

I downloaded a SNES emulator, I am running on 3.40 OE-A firmware, seems to be pretty much solid, no problems, but how do I install it on the PSP?

13. Ragityrok

Ragityrok Member

Double-Post ftl.

I downloaded a SNES emulator, I am running on 3.40 OE-A firmware, seems to be pretty much solid, no problems, but how do I install it on the PSP?

14. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

you put the two folders (snes and %snes)in the GAME150 folder-and you have to change your kernel to 1.50 firmware via the recovery console...To access this, turn your PSP off completely (not standby)by holding the power switch up for about 5 seconds..then while turing the psp back on hold down the R trigger button-This will bring you into the recovery console..from there, scroll to "configuration", and then scroll to "game folder homebrew" and select that until it says "currently:1.50 kernel" , you can also enable "hide corrupt icons" as well (usually will get corrupt data icons when using emulators) once you are done with that, select back which will bring you to the main menu-the select exit..your PSP will restart with the settings saved...

If for some reason your emulator doesnt load from the game menu or wont start, then move the snes emulator folders to the GAME folder..