1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new blade firmware out 122p-25-04-11

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sb18180, Apr 28, 2011.

1. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

another blade firmware update out 122p 25-04-11 if you have the older 122p firmware dated 08-04-11 then update. here: http://www.4shared.com/dir/rms5A0Cf/_online.html
    and yes its fine and DOES NOT remove any existing channel orders you have or any cline info.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

Blade BM7000s software - 25 APRIL 2011

Mega-Update, with many new powerful functions:

1. 7 Day EPG: Box is now compatible with 7 Day/PVR EPG streams in Europe and Middle East.

2. FAV Group navigation: Now you can use << and >> in Channel List mode to change thru FAV Groups.

3. Blade Online - Now you can download channel files online, without using USB stick.

4. Timeshift Mode added - Select in MENU>UTILS>DISK MANAGER>Auto Timeshift.

5. User Online Update added - User can now add their own online update function:-

MENU>SYSTEM SETTINGS>IP SETTINGS>BLUE (Firmware Update)>BLUE (Edit) - User can now either add IP address or URL of their Blade Stream Media Server. See section below about setting up Blade Stream.

6. Media Player:-

Press PLAY or F1 to start player (as before).

Now users can stream from their PC or another PC across internet as well as normal USB. To set up streaming from PC use Blade Stream software (see section below about setting up Blade Stream software).

7. NTSC Mode added.

8. Increased media file compatibility for playback.

9. Small bug fixes.

BLADE STREAM
    ------------

Blade Stream is very powerful software that runs on any Windows PC which will allow a BM7000s to connect direcly to that PC and stream movies, or download firmware or channel data files directly.

The software does not need any install. It is available at Blade Media in the support pages.

1. Simply unzip Blade Stream folder to desktop (or your chosen location) and run BLADE Stream.exe

2. Windows Firewall will ask you to allow access - say YES.

3. Next, on Blade Stream, click '...' button to browse to your media and channel file (.CDF) folder and click OK. Blade Stream will now minimise to the taskbar and is now ready to stream.

4. On your Blade Receiver, press PLAY (or F1) on the remote and press YELLOW to ADD OR SELECT SOURCE. Press Blue button to ADD or CONNECT. Here you type the local IP address of the PC that you just put the Blade Stream software on, for example 192.168.1.3 etc.

Once you enter this and press OK you will see the directory list of your media folder. Now you can play any movie from your PC just by selecting it, or load any firmware or channel files in the list.

For streaming across the internet to a friend's receiver, do the following: When entering the new source (as above where you entered 192.168.1.3) you will put the external IP or URL of your friend's PC, eg. 93.12.145.76 or myfriend.dynalis.com etc.

Your friend must also forward port 2008 in his router to his PC that is running Blade Stream.

Now you can watch media files from your friend's PC across the internet. Note: You will both need fast stable internet for this function, if it is not fast and stable it may make problems with the stability of your receiver. The serving PC can only stream one movie at a time. If a new selection is made it wil stop the first one and start the new one.

3. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

just installed that new firmware...Thanks......but epg still same as before...show channel info for the next 2 hours but nothing after 4/5 hours after. Have rebooted box, and done epg update, makes no difference...but thanks for update anyways.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

yeh its the same here for some reason but you get 7days epg on the fta channels just sit on a fta channel for a few mins and you get the 7day listings and hopefully soon they will iron out the epg on the non fta channels.

5. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

sb18180..are you having any issues on your box after you loaded this new firmware pls? my channels are freezing constantly, and most of the HD channels are taking time to start after a channel change. I havent had this problem before, so im thinking if its the new firmware causing this. and i've checked with my c/s sub guys and they are not doing any work on servers. and just to make sure it isnt my sub, i've tried another reliable test line, does the same thing with that, most channels freeze and there is a delay during channel change.

Have notice EPG is now working, i can view the 7 days epg, just happened today.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  6. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

had a bit of freeze on saturday but with it beeing a bank holiday weekend and kids off school my internet tends to run very slow anyway so i put it down to the internet slow speed.wait untill tuesday to see if it calms down. i have no trouble prior to saturday.and my epg started to work as well.

7. londonjon

londonjon Member

Hi,

Most (but not all) problems with freezing are generally down to Server issues.
    I use a very reliable server which is never under load and i can't remember the last time the box froze/glitched.

Enjoy...

8. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

alrighty..thanks for your help again. :) and i'll see how it goes

9. hammer74

hammer74 Guest

hi guys is it worth putting the latest firmware on or should i leave my orignal 119p on ,does it really improve anything other than epg?

10. e45

e45 Regular member

You should always use the latest files you dont know what extra has been added even though it says for epg they are not going to release that information