1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New board, old version 78 hitachi.. need help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by benny92lx, Aug 10, 2011.

1. benny92lx

benny92lx Member

Ok, so my old motherboard on my xbox elite went south so i decided to buy a new mother board with the new revision heat sink yada yada yada. put the dvd rom in and now it says to play disc, put it in an xbox 360 console. ok cool, i kinda expected this. so i flashed the dvd rom with the whole mode b tutorial. the new firmware is flashed in. turn it on, i still get the same error. so i tried to spoof the drive to a newer phillips lite on drive. still same error..

any suggestions on how i can get this to work?

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You need the KEYS from the motherboard to match your DVD drive or it will only ever be a DVD player. Did you get the keys from the place you got the board? Was there a sticker on it with the key?

3. benny92lx

benny92lx Member

negative. so, basically this xbox is worthless now? no hardware modding i can do to change this?

4. dagdaniel

dagdaniel Regular member

pretty much

5. benny92lx

benny92lx Member

What if i home brew the hard drive and put iso games onto the hard drive, by passing the dvd rom all together? ive heard of JTAGing the mother board. i realize that the mother board has a jtag code and thats what the issue is for me. but does that sound like something that could be done? realisticly this xbox will never see the light of xbox live ever so it shouldnt be a problem as far as being banned. but then again there is a moral aspect in doing this. I just keep telling my self, if i really like the game that much, then i will buy it for my other 360 that will remain un-modded and will continue to see xbox live action.

what are your thoughts on that? i have the network capability to access the xbox through it, so i just need to get it to the point of where i can drag and drop stuff to it.

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

On what dashboard revision is your new board?

7. benny92lx

benny92lx Member

8. BillB

BillB Regular member

You're dashboard is way past the JTAG dash. 7371 was the last dashboard that you could preform the JTAG hack on.

9. benny92lx

benny92lx Member

hmm.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  10. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

It's junk man. NO FW dump = brick.