1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new camera wont upload

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by angelluv, Oct 21, 2004.

1. angelluv

angelluv Member

hi i recently took back a dud camera and got a newer better one or so i thought. well the camera takes good pics does good video . you can view them in the lcd viewer window. but it wont upload any of the images it will upload the video no problem. but when i try and get the still images which i can see it tells me that there are no images in the camera. the camera is a centrios 2 megapixel digital camera which was purchased from radio shack. i need help.
    angelluv

2. yojimbo2k

yojimbo2k Member

what way is your camera viewed? do you have to get the contents of it from a program or does it appears as a drive in Windows Explorer?

Also are you sure there's not some odd setting in there that means you have taken pictures that aren't saved, or are recognised as something else (like short movie clips)?

Does it have a flash card for storing images? If so is there any way you can get the card to a USB card reader? Or buy one - they're fairly cheap, to test if you can see the images on the card (you could probably take the reader back afterwards in a lot of cases). The reader will appear as a drive in Windows Explorer and you should be able to see the entire contents of the card.

3. angelluv

angelluv Member

ok i looked thru the camera settings and cant find anything about saving images etc. i know they are there cuz you can view them in the camera itself. you have to get the images off the camera via a program it isnt its own drive. it is supposed to come with a card as a bonus but they were all out and have ordered them
    but with my camera you can get the images off the camera you dont need a card to see them or retrieve them.
    angelluv