1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New completely dms4 E.Z.I solderless modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ozzy1, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

A new mod chip is set to be released at the end of the month. Ever desired the FULL features of a DMS4 mod-chip, but you didn't want to risk soldering one into your PS2 console? Well, now you can have the best of BOTH worlds- introducing the DMS4 E.Z.I. (Effort Zero Installation), the world´s first truly solderless mod-chip for the PS2 console! After 18 months of exhausting development using the latest in Japanese Micro Molding Technology, the DMS4 Team has achieved what most said to be impossible- a 100% solderless, auto-boot/auto-detect, and truly intelligent and revolutionary mod-chip for PS2!

Connection is achieved through a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) clip, BIOS clip, and Eject signal FFC adapter facilitating ease of connection through Plug and Play Technology. The E.Z.I. Lite and Pro are the first chips developed that successfully implement an advanced signal integrity detection system, and include an E.Z.I. LED panel to display the signal status of each and every signal required for successful patching.

The self-test system will display a Green LED status for each and every pin which is correctly connected to the PS2, and a Red LED will indicate to the user that he has not connected the BIOS, DSP, or Eject connection assemblies correctly, and identify precisely which terminal has an issue too! Of course the DMS4 E.Z.I. mod-chips preserve the full array of features offered by their solder installation brethren: The 2MB flash memory offered by the Pro is more than sufficient for storage and management of many Homebrew applications, whilst the Lite version allows the user to auto boot all media types and manage applications through DEV.olution Mode 1 or 2.

Finally, the PS2 E.Z.I. mod-chips include everything required to connect to PS2 versions v5-v11, and a PSTwo (v12) version is under development for release early in the new year as well! The DMS4 E.Z.I. chips go on sale at the end of November,Enjoy!
    (From PS2Ownz)
    Pictures can be seen at http://ps2ownz.com

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  2. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

Holy shit, thats amazing, the way they did the no solder part is genius. Im gonna look into this.

3. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Thought you guys migt care a bit more this is big news.

4. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

bump

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Sorry last bump but this keeps getting pushed down.

6. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

wow thats damn good news you got there man.i think il wait for the one for pstwo thats cool

7. Blaze8

Blaze8 Member

Ok, hey guys I'm new to the forum, but I was doing some research on this chip, because I am going to get a slimline pstwo, I was just wondering how do I hook it up to my pstwo, I'm not good with wires and i think solderless means that it plus right into the pstwo or something like that? If any one could elaborate I'd appreciate it and I was also wondering when is this due out and what are the chances of it messing up my pstwo. Ok last question, if I just burn the games to a DVD-r will it work?

8. pasofol

pasofol Member

Any clue these will over heat/kill the ps2 like the previous solderless ones did? Or so poeple talked about.

9. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

No the previous solderless chips were completely different. They were only used to open the door of the ps2 and required swap magic discs to work.
    The dms4 ezi is exactly the same as the solder dms4 except instead of soldering the wired on you use these moulded clips there fore it is solderless and does not require any boot disc to be used with it.

10. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

How exactly will "solderless work"? Sorry I'm a real noob, and I'm kinda new to all this modding business. I plan on purchasing a PStwo (wanna wait it out for a while because I don't wanna get one of those faulty shitty ones with the f***ed up lasers). I don't know how to solder so this sounds good; I was about to actually get one of those swap magic thingies, but this does sound revolutionary (even to a half-ass as myself). Also, will this play EVERYTHING (by EVERYTHING, I mean: ALL PS2 and PS1 games, even up to the latest GTA: San Andreas?)?
    THANKS! ALL RESPONSES WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

11. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

What the f***!?! So you have to flash it or whatever!? What is that?! I thought you could just copy the game off the computer and play it?! What the hell is this "you have to...flash the game before you play it"?!

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah BadBoy787 you will have to flash the modchip to play backups of your PS2 games with something like that Toxic bios or something like that.You are going to have to flash any kind of modchip though this normal.

13. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Okay, well...hmmm...what exactly is flashing a modchip then? What does it consist of? Is it difficult to do, and do I need any extra equipment or anything?
    THANKS!

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well to flash the modchip means to replace the Bios of it.This means that you will have to get one of the latest releases from Toxic.Then burn the Bios release to cd-r and power on your PS2 plug it in,and it should automatically detect it and replace the original Bios.

15. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Hmm...and what is this I hear of the dms4 E.Z.I solderless modchip not being able to play backups? Is that true? That was the only reason for me to get a friggin' mod chip man; to play legal backups of games that I own and stuff.

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It shouldn't need extra equipment.The only thing needed is the modchip and the solderless solution for it.The only extra equipment I can think you will need if you don't have it is probably one of those Logitech Wireless controllers, j/k.

17. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It shouldn't need extra equipment.The only thing needed is the modchip and the solderless solution for it.The only extra equipment I can think you will need if you don't have it is probably one of those Logitech Wireless controllers, j/k.I don't think so extra equipment notta.

18. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Thanks for keeping up with my posts, but you still didn't answer my other main, and recent question: Will it play backups of PS2 games (the cd and dvd ones), and PS1 games?
    THANKS!

PS-You were saying that you weren't sure if it would play dual-layer disks rite? Hmmm...that is also one of the main reasons I want to get it (It should play dual-layered disks; after those are what the newer PS2 games are probably gonna be on)...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah it will play them PS2 Cd,Dvd and the PSX,PS1 games.The only thing I can't really be sure of is will it pickup on Dual Layered discs which depends on the system to be honest.When you first plug it in you might have to run tests on it to see what all it can pick up.I think that is the only way to be sure as to what media can work with your system.I also heard that it is possible for some of the newer versions to pickup on Dvd-Rw,but am not sure.

20. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Hmm...well, THANKS! You've honestly been a real help (being as how you are the only one responding to my posts). A few more questions to be answered please: Umm...so do you know if the lastest Bios is available for the dms4 E.Z.I. modchip? I was wondering because I found this site:

http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=dms4.html

but it doesn't exactly say the E.Z.I. anywhere by the files, so I cannot be sure if it is the correct bios file. Also, would I have to burn the copies of the games in any special way, would I have to patch 'em or anything? Or could I just use dvd decrypter and possibly isobuster in conjunction with deep burner pro (all I have to do is make an iso image and burn it to a cd right?)?
    THANKS!

ps-Dunno if it matters, but I'm gonna be doing all this on a PStwo slimline...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004