1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Computer, annoying wireless mouse!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by xHaydenx, Dec 15, 2007.

1. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

So, I just got this new PC, with a quad core, 8800 GT graphics card wireless keyboard and mouse, etc.

Now, it all runs fine and fast, except for the dumb mouse; the mouse wheel button has to be pushed either towards the very top or bottom of the button for it to middle-click. If I push it down right in the middle of the wheel it doesn't do anything at all.

Is it supposed to be like this? Or have I maybe got a dud mouse?

2. Zer0ink

Zer0ink Regular member

if youre not happy with the mouse go get a new one

i stick to logitech

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I have a Wireless Microsoft mouse and it works great. It has high sensitivity which is great for me.

4. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Thanks for the advice; personally, I stick to whatever came in the box until it proves itself completely useless- which this mouse hasn't yet.

The mouse in question has high sensitivity when I click towards the top or bottom of the middle mouse button. Are you saying yours works if you click it in the exact middle?

5. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

If the mouse doesn't perform the job it is designed to do, even with settings altered, then in my opinion it is faulty.

Out of all the scroll wheel mice I have used I have never come across one that performs as you describe yours to do.

Get it swapped if its within its 12 month warranty! Don't put up with annoying flaws (which sounds likely in this case).

6. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Yeah, will do. Thanks for the advice.