1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New copy protection?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sideshow, Nov 21, 2003.

1. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

I just wanted to post this to see if any other soul has heard the news. I saw on the screen savers show on tech tv that a new form of software protection is in the rising. The protection is called fade and what it does is after you made the copy of lets say madden 2004, you wont notice anything wrong with the game until after playing it a couple times. The characters will start to disappear and other variables will occur which will not let you be able to finish a game which is a copy. What I dont know if this new copy protection is for the console games or pc games or both. Anybody want to share some thoughts.

2. lvnsuede

lvnsuede Member

All copy protection can and will be broken. Its that simple. No copy protection can stand up to the crackers. Even CPS2 was cracked. I know you have concerns, or you are merely pointing something out which you saw but its irrelevant. I heard about fade weeks ago and it wont make a single difference. Worry more about the gov't finally figuring out how to track piracy (release lists, IRC, etc) than some new copy protection scheme.

3. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Thanks for the reply. Your right nothing is unhackable. I just hope the gamecube can be a victim to hackers soon before Nintendo releases its new hardware.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

most unbeatble protection is fade for pc games and applications... and it's REALLY hard to crack... even the new SafeDisk3 was cracked in the same day it was out lol.. and that protection for those music cd's that can be defeated by only a SHIFT key lol... fade does kill the game if it's cracked bad... and theres always the starforce 3 and it's not really easy to crack... these protections cant be used in console... they cant read the protections like the pc does... they never were made to read those kind of things...

5. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Maybe the next generation consoles will implement this new protection if its not cracked by the time the new hardware is launched.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  6. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

Actually toca race driver for ps2 had fade on it, it even says that in the back of the manual and its a pain to crack!