1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New D2C solution! Only 5 wires on easy solder pads!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Kafluke, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22169

Wasabi claim success with 5 wire mod for D2C Wii

A group called 'Wasabi' sent us in a tip that they have managed to create a solution for the 'hard to hack' D2C Wii revision which now requires just 5 wires on easy solder pads as opposed to the thirty something of other solutions. Instead of releasing a picture of a prototype board, they decided to show some 'interesting bits' of disassembly that they say only true drive hackers would appreciate.

[​IMG]

quote:

D2Ckey works by patching the requests that the DVD MCU issues to the DVD DSP in hardware. This is something that was done before by Team Origa on GC (project GCC)

But it was never released because it was too hard to install and less flexible in comparison to BIOS-chips / drive-chips. The whole address bus, data bus and control signals must be hooked, so that means lots of
    wires.

Other drive-chips on Wii / GC (the easy-to-install kind) work by patching those requests in software. That leads to easier installation diagrams, and much more flexibility, most of those chips are upgradable for example.

The problem is that to create an easy-to-install chip, one must be able to patch the DVD firmware. And to know how, you must be able to read the firmware ROM.
    If you can't read this ROM, the only choice is designing a 31-wire mod. Or to try harder.

We did ! We belive we've been the first team with access to the firmware, and now we're clearly the first team with a working prototype e of aneasy-to-install chip for D2C !

More details, including ETA, will be announced next week. In the meantime, instead of providing the usual picture of a prototype board with lots of wires, we provide a couple of interesting bits of disassembly that only true drive hackers could appreciate... If any other team claim they have access to the firmware, we say : show the code !

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  2. culius

culius Regular member

wow that realy cool , another team line up for D2c

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I was just about to post this! That is pretty crazy!!!

4. Cloud637

Cloud637 Regular member

sounds good! How long will it until the new d2c solution is released?

5. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I sure hope this solution surfaces. The only thing stopping me from buying a Wii is the abundance of D2C consoles these days.

6. bustafree

bustafree Member

this d2c solution seems like a fake to me, why not show actual pics and proof of the 5 wire installation. i mean those hacking pics do look like they know what they are talking about but still they would seem more legit with actual pics of wasabi modchip but it has been over 2 weeks and still no word...

7. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

WOW!!! Assembly language!!! This must be real!!!

Let me see the product...

8. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Be optimistic. If I remember correctly a lot of people called BS on the chip that is now known as the D2Ckey. I need a five wire solution like this. A 30+ wire install is not an option for me.

9. bustafree

bustafree Member

10. Cloud637

Cloud637 Regular member

so any update?