1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dashboard trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by piloxi, May 7, 2007.

1. piloxi

piloxi Member

I might sound like an idiot and I appologize for it if so. I always look around to find an answer before posting a question. But I cannot find my answer. The new update was released today and it states that when you sign onto xbox live your console will automatically be updated.
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10140/Xbox-360-Dashboard-Update-Released/
    Mine has not. I need to know how to get it to do so? I also have xtreme firm installed. I have been told that it won't interfere but I need to know for sure. Thanks guys.

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

dumb... read the date in the article.

and the quote from ms site:
    "Beginning the week of May 7, 2007, the Xbox 360 Spring Update will provide Xbox 360 owners worldwide with access to Windows Live Messenger features, broadening the communication options on the Xbox LIVE social network."

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  3. theridges

theridges Guest

what DVD Drive do you have Samsung or Hitachi...
    Samsung Drives need to be updatedto Xtreme Firmware 5.3..

4. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

look when you read this:
    you need to expect that.. so if yours has not updated yet , then it's simply not out yet. :D

[/logics]

5. piloxi

piloxi Member

I have a Samsung drive. How do I update it? I had someone flash mine a few months ago that lives pretty far from me. Do I need to flash it again?

6. ant3b

ant3b Guest

hmmm where have you heard this that hitachi drives do not need updating??? i presume they will be needed to be updated? source??? please :)

7. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

It's not that hitachi drives don't need an update, it's just because there's no new firmware available for them yet.

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Your console will not automatically update. It first disconnects you from Live and tells you there is an update available and if you do not update you then can not sign in to Live. You then have the option to update or not. So it's not like you don't have some control over it.

Also, for those with Hitachi drives, from XBS:

9. takeabow

takeabow Member

i have a hitachi drive, but i think im goin to update today. So any other new features except msn on ur dash?