1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jerren, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Jerren

Jerren Guest

I have a v1.5 XBOX with a Xecuter 2.3lite modchip. I need to know how to get EvolutionX onto my xbox. I have Evolution X 1.8.3921 Dashboard. I have gone through alot of tutorials at xbox-scene.com none of them help me. On most of the tutorials it says burn the Evox(Configuration Settings) and evoxdash.xbe. I go into Nero and I have tryed to burn those 2 files to a DVD ISO, CD ISO, CD UDF/ISO, and DVD UDF/ISO. What do i need to do? Also the xbox says it cant reconize the disk. I also have Slayer 2.5 Autoinstaller, it wont detect that either. I appriciate any help. Help!!!!

2. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Also i forgot to add, i flashed the chip with the EvoXM7 bios.

3. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

burn your auto installer as an image on a very very slow burn use a cdrw
    also you should transfer your updated files using an ftp program and linking your xbox to pc via hub or crossover cable

4. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

use nero to burn the auto installer AS AN IMAGE NOT DVD ISO

5. Jerren

Jerren Guest

ok i burned the slayer to a imation cd-rw on the lowest speed with nero and it still didnt work. I might have the wrong file. Can i get it somewhere else? do u have it?

6. FukNukle

FukNukle Member

use a cr-rw with a dark dye.

try different ones till you find some that work

7. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Do you know a brand with the dark dye? I am going to go buy one, but you cant open it before you buy it.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You can use a dvd-rw and it should work better than a cd-rw.

9. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Yes, my box does not like CD-RW at all! have to use DVD+RW, never tried DVD-RW.

10. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

to be honest i burned my slayers on a imation cdr my xbox doesn't like cdrw and that workded fine for me it also works in other xboxs with different drives

11. arkain

arkain Member

When i did this i had no problems, i burned the files onto a cd-rw and it seemed to work fine. i did however use craxtion to create an iso instead of just burning the files. dont know if that will make a difference or not.

12. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

yeah i forgot to ask him if it was an iso he was trying to burn yeah i created the iso with craxtion then i burned as an image using nero

13. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Ok, Thank you to everyone that submited a reply. I got it working. But i only have 2 problems. When i copy games to hard drive, it says my e: drive has like 5 gb, my f: drive has 107 gb. Now when i copy games i put it onto the f: because the e drive doesnt have enough space. But my problem is at the menu of Evox, if you scroll down and select "Play games from Hdd". The only way they appear in that list is if there on the e: drive. How do i fix this so the f: drive list of games comes up? Also, how do i get skins onto my xbox. I need a good tutorial on how to ftp my xbox with flashfxp. xbox-scene.com does not help me. thanks!!!!

14. Jerren

Jerren Guest

I know someone that has a v1.5 xbox, xecuter 2.3 lite, and a western digital 160gb hdd. will all these things be compadable with evox? well i mean, can i use a 160gb?

15. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

you need to of put your slayers onto the f; drive the slayers gives you that option
    there are plenty of tutorials for using ftp programs there on this forum aswel
    you have to ftp skins to your skins folder on your xbox hdd

16. shadow14

shadow14 Guest

Could someone please email me auto-slayers program shadow14012052@yahoo.com. Thanks

17. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

the slayers 2.5 program is more than 100mb long can't email that! lol do a search using google it's really easy to find

18. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

You need to change the evox .ini file to point to your F:\games folder its easy, also make sure it is pointing to the correct apps folder.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]XBOX v1.1 with 120GB Seagate
    Matrix with evox M7
    PS2 39001 v7
    Massiah 2 Pro
    HP dvd200e
    Sony DRU-510A[/small]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  19. Jerren

Jerren Guest

ok thx i got it working