1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new decrypter settings

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mkaone, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mkaone

mkaone Member

Hello, I have downloaded the new dvd decrypter and was wanting to know what settings I should use.
    I have any dvd, dvd shrink and dvd decrypter.
    thanks
    for the help
    mkaone

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the default settings should be fine.

3. mkaone

mkaone Member

Do you know of any reason why it takes so long to burn a dvd?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

how long, what speed are you trying, and what dvds are you using? You have to give more info

5. mkaone

mkaone Member

About an hour, using the new decrypter
    speed 4x
    dvd's are memorex
    thanks

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try something other than memorex. sony, verbatim, or ritek would be good ones.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

mkaone
    Equipment affects the recording speeds as well as software and settings. File size is another aspect. For some programs, an hour isn't far off the norm. Give PC specs if you are seeking comparisons from other members of the forum.

8. mkaone

mkaone Member

Hi, I tried verbatim.
    I have p4 2.19 w/768ram
    I noticed the slow down after I download and installed the new decrypter.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

It was probably coincidence. The new updates were pretty much for handling the unreadable sector encryption that's been causing such a fuss lately. The people I know haven't had any slow downs due to DVD Decrypter. What kind of time difference are you talking about?

10. mkaone

mkaone Member

Hi, it seems to take longer to burn the dvd.

Also I tried to back up the dvd freeze frame. I get can't read file and redundency error. I am running anydvd in the background and shrink and dvd decrypter.
    I get the error when I click on shrink and it starts running for a while and then I receive that error.
    any suggestions.

Also just on the side how do you get the picture to show up when you post or reply to a message?

thanks
    mka

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  11. brobear

brobear Guest

Rip + Encode + Burn = Backup
    Are you saying the burn takes longer or are you saying the entire recording process takes longer? Difficult to understand from the way you're using the terms.

Do these errors occur on all DVDs or just some particular ones? What are you trying to record? Redundancy errors can be caused by problems such as scratched and smudged discs or discs with unreadable sector encryption.

AnyDVD opens with and information page that identifies the encryption on a DVD. You might want to try that program. I run it in the background even when I use Decrypter.

Look at the code above the reply window.
    You start with [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  12. mkaone

mkaone Member

hi, I would say the burn takes longer. I use anydvd then I open shrink and then it opens decrypter automatically(and that is when it is taking a lot longer). I have upgraded to the new decrypter ver 3.5.2.0

The error message just appears are some for example it appeared on the movie "Freeze Frame" I was running in the shrink program when I got "can't read file and redundency error"

On the image appearing I can't load one up from my computer?

thanks for the help, greatly appreciated
    mkaone

13. brobear

brobear Guest

As to the picture, you need to choose one that is stored on the net. Note the format you were shown; http://www.xxx.xxx/xxx.xxx for a picture the last .xxx will probably be .gif as a .jpg file is in most cases fairly large.

As this is an intermittent problem, it may be related to the disc. Those can be checked for errors with the freeware DVDInfoPro. The physical condition of a disc is also a critical factor. Scratches or smudges that mar the clear polycarbonate layer can affect the read and cause the redundancy error.

Hopefully you're using the latest version of AnyDVD. Been several of those lately. What does the Information page of AnyDVD say about the encryption? Copy the page and post it if possible.

14. mkaone

mkaone Member

Hi, It must have been the disk, I wiped it a few times then tried again and it worked.
    thanks
    mkaone

15. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. Glad it was one of the easy remedies.