1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Drive Appearing in 360 Consoles.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PS2Menace, Feb 5, 2007.

1. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

nice work finding that, cant wait to see whats released as far as hacking that firmware...

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

This is good. About time they did something about the noise.

4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

lol its not for the noise man

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

;) I know what you're saying...

Actually, though, it is partly due to the noise... amongst other things. They've been talking about a new drive for quite a while now. So really this is good.

Worse case senerio... the new drive's firmware is unhackable. Then maybe more attention will be turned back to the 360 itself and, instead of just being content with a modded drive, we'll see a truely "moddable" 360.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I bet they signed the firmware. GaryOPA claims that mtkflash works on this drive though and just waiting for someone to dump it. So far, no one has wanted to open it up yet. Too bad the 2 360's I just bought a week or so ago had hitachi 0078 and an 0059DJ in it. I also have a M28 and my son now has my old Hitachi.. And now he won't trade back.

Much better for me with Hitachi drives but this new BENQ might be worth looking into.

7. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

i am actually about to get a new xbox 360 so maybe i will be graced to get this new drive, if so then i will most likely try to flash it, and if it fails, ill take it back to the store!

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You can't flash it yet as there is no firmware available for it. IF you do get this drive, dump the firmware with mtkflash and send it to me. I'll forward it to the proper people so they CAN write a firmware for it.

My guess is, someone dumps the firmware with mtkflash and see that it's signed by microsoft instead of no signature like Hitachi & Samsung drives.
    A certified Microsoft signature would render the firmware hack useless.

9. bart1ey

bart1ey Member

Maybe wrong but this drive is from the prototype xbox360..

10. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No this is a different drive from the beta units. It's showing in in new retail 360s.