1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Drive?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kansas, Mar 25, 2005.

1. kansas

kansas Member

Hi guys. I've installed Alcohol 120%, A-Ray Scanner, CloneDVD 2, and DVD Decrypter these past couple of days and I noticed all of a sudden today that I now have a new drive called DVD Drive: G. It wasn't there before I installed those programs and it's rather annoying because its just sitting there and doesn't seem to have any use. Does it have some kind of purpose linked to any of those programs? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I figured that this was as good a place as any for this question.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

its affiliated with Alcohol and its a virtual drive. you can uninstall it by opening Alcohol/virtual drives and selecting 0 in the drop down box.

3. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Whoa, Whoa, don't uninstall that drive kansas, leave it right there. It is doing no harm to your PC, it's there to benefit you.

That's a very useful tool. You can mount image files created from your Alcohol 120% program.( and many other types of image files for that matter)

By the software you cited, one could assume your into DVD material or backing up you PC games. Well, if you have an image on your hard drive, you can mount the image on that 'G:' drive and execute them!!. Also view any folders in it.

You'll more than likely start using it! No need to have cd's or dvd's to install software or view movies anymore! Just images!

And of course you can always burn those images to save them.

Alcohol and Clone DVD are two of my favorites.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A120's virtual drives have caused blacklisting problems for some folks trying to run the newer SafeDisc protected games so be aware of that. Daemon Tools causes relatively few problems ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005