1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVD Burner only see CD burn NOT DVD burn

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Penders5, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Penders5

Penders5 Guest

Am a regular user of DvdShrink on my personal computer..
    Santa brought my son a new DVD Burner and the puter only burns CD's. In Device Manager it says it is working properly and it says Sony DVD Burner, however any burning program I use only sees it as a cd burner. Dvd Burning is NOT an option.
    Any ideas?
    When I installed it I took out his CD writer and put this DVD writer in as it was with the jumper to Slave.
    ....My sister has a new puter with DVD burner doing EXACTLY what my son's is doing. Sees CD not DVD as a burning option.
    thank you!

2. Grumpyone

Grumpyone Member

Are you using Nero?

3. Penders5

Penders5 Guest

The burner came with Record Now...Which I hate. So in addition to it I added Nero 5.5.8.5. At that point I also put on DVD Shirnk.
    When I try to use Shrink, it does not show his burner in backup. It shows hard drive image or something like that.
    When I try to use Nero, it asks me to pick a burner, and there is not one there to pick. But as I stated earlier, in Device Manager it shows it to be a Sony DVD Burner working properly. And I know it is, I intalled it.

4. Penders5

Penders5 Guest

OH....Also, when I put a blank CD-R in it it will ask what I want to do.
    When I put a DVD- or DVD +R in it it pops ups saying it is a Audion DVD. The burner is designed to do both + and - R / RW Disc.

5. Penders5

Penders5 Guest

Audio DVD...oops

6. Grumpyone

Grumpyone Member

My shrink automatically burns using Nero. If you want to be sure about yours, go to prefences, click on file I/O tab and make sure that "Enable burning with Nero" is checked. Which I'm sure it is. When you go to "backup!" and you see "select backup target", and it reads "Hard Disc Folder" click the downarrow next to that and you should see your burner. Should be the top choice. Same thing when you use Nero. If you go to "burning rom" and you see "cd" click on the downarrow and see if dvd is there. Then you want "dvd video". Then click "new". Look though some of the turorials here. They are real helpful. Good luck.

7. Grumpyone

Grumpyone Member

8. Penders5

Penders5 Guest

Problem solved...I needed a newer version of NERO..put it in and dvd burner works like charm.