1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nelberto, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nelberto

nelberto Member

Hi there people is anyone else having loads of jumping movies with the new dvd decrypter,or invalid disc ect??

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Evidently not, since the new one has been out for some time and I haven't seen that complaint yet. Might search some of the DVD Dcrypter threads to see if anything looks familiar.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

just the usual suspect things to check, ie crappy media, downrev burner firmware, too high a burn speed for crappy media, multitasking during burns, target limit too close to edge of crappy media

good luck, let us know your setup; very unlikely it's decryptor; if, after you've worked thru all the above, then go post on official decryptor forum and see what the author of decryptor has to say :)

4. nelberto

nelberto Member

My computer is an advent 3319a pentium 4 3.2ghz
    Dvd rw is lite-on ldw451s
    Media is ridisc- by ritek

I have heard that u can update your firmware,but i have also heard that this can make your burner better or worse???

Cheers if u can help

p.s. I have been burning @ x4,just done a copy of hostage and it gets to about 1hr 27mins then goes crazy.
    I do not run any other applications while burning im baffeled???????

5. pieman

pieman Regular member

I think the clue is probably in the word 'ridisc'!!Try a differant disc first.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

firmware can only make things worse if you pick wrong firmware or reset/lose power during flashing. Try pieman's suggestion first..

7. augerpro

augerpro Member

I posted about this a week ago, and there have been several other "strange skips" posts lately. I think something is going on with the new(2 recent versions) decrypter. Mine seem to be more in the middle (layer break?) although I did have one that skipped in 2 or 3 spots. I'm still trying to eliminate possibilities, but something seems up to me.

Edit- I haven't tried 3.5.4.0 yet though

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  8. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Almost all "skips" can be related to poor quality media/too fast write speed and more infrequently, DVD players "sensitivities", i.e. operating on the edges of specifications. Software would tend to produce a repeatable error set that would be reproducible by all users. However, that said, it is more simplistic to blame software for all of the host of other variables.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  9. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi everyone done about 30 burns with the new decrypter no problems so far. as creaky says check the quality. if you got to run cheap because of finances burn slow 2x 2.4x

10. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

And dont use stick on labels.

11. wild77

wild77 Guest

I am using ver.3.5.4.0 with no problems.If you want to verify if it is Decrypter or your media.Rip to your hard drive in File Mode then view with PowerDVD or other DVD playing software and see what you have.You could also mount the image in a virtual drive using a ISO File.

12. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I don't know if this is relavant, I always burn at 4x on the new decrypter it says max. I have to reset it everytime. Where as the old kept it at 4x for me.

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think that's something in your settings. If you uninstall the old version before installing the new one it probably loses your settings (which I believe are in a .ini file).