1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVD player SUXXX Sony DVP-NS57P

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by danielmpr, Apr 16, 2009.

1. danielmpr

danielmpr Member

I have a Sony DVP-NS50P wich I had bought at Walmart a few years back, and on 02/24/2009, bought the Sony DVP-NS57P, wich I tought was gonna work great, but to my surprise, it doesn't!!!

I can play "some" dvd's with no problem, but it has started out not wanting to play "DVD-Rs" so far!, random skipping, and today, not even reading them!!!, SONY is starting to make CRAP!!!
    I tried switching my DVDs from Maxell to SONY DVD-R, and same problem!
    now I tried to play them in my old DVP-NS50P, and NOT a problem!, no skips so far that I know of, and it even loaded the DVD that failed on the 57P!!!, companies are making things crappier every year!,
    to make things short, I'm gonna return it tomorrow, and MAYBE get another model, or brand, but I have read really bad reviews from this model and others!!!

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

For what it's worth, some Consumers Reports top picks:

Pioneer DV-410V

LG DN898

Philips DVP5992/37

3. danielmpr

danielmpr Member

I'm going to return it to day for a Sony NS-700H, I don't have an LCD or plasma, but, what the heck, who knows when I will get one in the future... I hope, it sells for $64.97 here in Walmart in Puerto Rico...
    I just hope this one doesn't skip like crazy!, my other NS50P has NEVER given me problems!, I even fixed a GPX dvd for my duaghters techer, that has the video cables deseoldered, and to my surprise saw that they use a Sony laser!, no wonder it reads movies like a charm!