1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new dvd problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by effiee, Mar 7, 2003.

1. effiee

effiee Member

I used dvd decrypter and dvd2one to burn copies. The movies play ok half way through and then start skipping. The dvds have a real hard time being played in my hp notebook dvd player. The PS2 plays them the best but they start skipping half way. My RCA dvd player also has problems.--I use a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM/DVD-r-rw Rambo 2 drive to burn my dvd-r's. The dvds that I use are the white top lite purple bottom general purpose princo's. The dvd writer plays the dvds ok. I have a dvp-cx875p dvd player on the way. Anyone know if I will have any luck playing these dvds on it?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2003
  2. effiee

effiee Member

I just used a "imation data dvd-r for general version 2.0" instead of the princo white-top/light-purple bottom and it played okay. What brand of dvd-r do you recomend to use for dvd-video? price is very important.

3. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

I also found out you get what you pay for. I bought 100 vivastar dvd-r's for $80. One in every 6 work correctly in my RCA standalone player and Xbox. A great buy for Universal Grade A dvd-r's can be found at buy-dvd-r.com. A great comparison chart with pics for Grade A & B types of dvd-r's can be found at http://dvd-r.safewebshop.com/testresult.htm

Oh, and the prices are really reasonable with free shipping. Hope this helps you out.

4. effiee

effiee Member

hey thanks.
    I will check it out