1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVD shrink freezes; Old one NO!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gexplorer, May 21, 2004.

1. gexplorer

gexplorer Guest

Hi there, I'm sorry if this subject has already been discussed, but the search engine didn't want to have nothing to do with me..

Ok, so my problem is very simple, DVDshrink 3.1 freezes constantly after it identifies the dvd to backup. If, for example I go to reauthor, or try to do whatever, it just freezes and doesn't respond. Then I go to the task manager to switch it of and see that dvdshrink is consuming almost 100% of the system's resaurces (I got an Athlon 1.4 with 256Mb!!). Of course this doesn't happen with all movies, but with most of them.
    The strange thing is that with dvdshrink 2.3 it works perfectly, with no problems!
    Anyway, I really would like to understan why this happens so that I could use the new one with no problems, because its much better than the 2.3!!!
    Thanks for your help.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Shrink 3.1 has a "low priority" mode that should reduce the load on your system. When Shrink is running, it is normal to see it using 90-100% of your CPU.

The setting is located Edit> Prefrences.

256Mb is not a lot of RAM for this program, but it should be enough. Make sure you don't have a bunch of stuff running in the background.