1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new dvds

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by korol, Jan 2, 2005.

1. korol

korol Member

some of new dvds are not starting on pc, it is some new protection, what to do? any ideas?

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

More information please. Software you're using, DVD's in question, Media you're using, etc?

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

It would help if people asking questions would use complete sentences, instead of just thought fragments and incomplete clauses.

4. korol

korol Member

I have pc siemens, dvd writer HL-DT-ST-DVD+RW-GCA 4040N, I have programm any dvd, everything working fine, but many of new dvds don't play at all, computer freeze and after removing dvds showing error, only new dvds, as alladin, shrek2, johny english, etc. if I put any older dvds they play perfect, people in shops told me it is special protection, so I want to find out what is it, how to fix it, may be you know such problem, that problem is not only by me, but lots of my friends, these dvds playing on dvd machines but can't play on pc. Thanks on advance.

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

So you mean that your dvd player software on your computer won't play these DVDs? If thats the case, it's not a matter of new protection, since protection scemes are meant to keep people form copying disks, not playing them. I have no idea what might be the problem. What program do you use to play you dvds on your computer? what program do you use to decrypt you dvds in preperation for burning? I've personally havent tried to burn those dvds, but I know that other people have had no problem decrypting and burning them with DVD Decrypter. You should try using that free software, and if it still doesn't work, go to the DVD Decrypter forums and the great guys over there should be able to help you out.

6. korol

korol Member

Good day, I'm using windvd to play, for burning i'm using dvd shrink, dvd decrypter, clone dvd2, i'm burning lots of dvds, but new ones refuse even to play, people said it is new protections if u can't play u can't record, pc showing error on discs and no one programm is operatable, any suggestions? please.

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

i know for a fact that there is no new copy protection. Besides, how much sense would it make for a company to release dvds that COULDNT EVEN BE PLAYED?! Like I said, go to the support forum for dvd decrypter: forum.dvddecrypter.com , search for shrek 2, you will find numerous threads, and quite a few people who had problems decrypting it, but also just as many that had no problems what so ever.

8. korol

korol Member

these dvds played on dvd players, no problems, but refuse to play on pc, today same story, I rent mulan2. give me suggestion, problem is not dvd decrypter, what else it could be?

9. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

I suggest you remove WinDVD and then ReInstall it. The copy on your computer may be damaged.