1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVR-A04 cannot even complete a DVD-R!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Helper38, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Helper38

Helper38 Member

Hi guys...

Went out and bought a DVD burner yesterday (guess which one!), and have had nothing but troubles with it!

I have followed the guides listed both here and on doom9.org...
    But my problem actually lies with the failure of every burn attempts, rendering each DVD-R unusable!

My first attempt was to place a heap of my mp3's onto a DVD-R, using Nero 5.5.9.14.
    Attempt #1 resulted in failure to burn at 2x speed at 9% completion (using Pioneer DVD-R media).
    I tried again at 1x speed... succeeding in getting to 81% before failure.

I then tried to burn a DVD-5 using DVDDecryptor (latest version). Read fine, and burned fine until 93% where it just stalled, and after 30 minutes had not advanced from that point.

This was all using Pioneer media, as a Verbatim DVD-R that I had would not recognise.

My system basics are as follows:
    PIII - 866
    512 Ram
    45Gb and 35Gb hard drives. (plenty of room left on C:)

Any ideas on what could be my problem?

Cheers in advance for any help!
    - H.

2. Adder_78

Adder_78 Guest

try other burning software(Prassi PrimoDVD 2.0)... but if the DVD Decrypter doesnt work then it has to be the drive that is broken :eek:(

I have the same drive and it works just fine...

Zzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2002
  3. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

I have Pioneer 104 which is the same as yours, A04. My brother has the same burn and had been burning every single DVD successful with his Celeron 600Mh, 320M of Ram. The burning, doesn't really have to be Pentium 4. Oh, all his media was generic. Sometimes, generic is better than brand name. Make sure you have nothing running in the background and also be sure you have DMA selected. Hope this help out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2002
  4. trybenut

trybenut Member

Have you any of the firmware updates for the Pioneer dvd-r 104/a04? There are some problems listed that deal with the 2x write or read one of the two. There have been 2 firmware updates since the drive came out. I don't know if this will fix your problem, but it's worth a shot... Here's a link to the updates and info. Good Luck!

5. trybenut

trybenut Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2002
  6. Helper38

Helper38 Member

Thanks for all your help guys...

After a complete reformatting of my hard drives, and starting over... I have thus far had no problem burning a DVD-R... however, only one.

I shall try another before I breathe easier!

- H.