1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New EA games and Magic 3.1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Siraris, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Siraris

Siraris Guest

I have a Ps2, about 6 months old, and a Magic 3.1. I tried copying Everything or Nothing and MVP 2004, and when I try and load the two games on my PS2, the laser sounds like it's going nuts trying to read it. The thing is, all my other backed up games work fine. Is this a new EA protection or something? I used Alcohol 120% to rip images and copy them back onto a blank DVD+R disc.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is my laser dying (Seems hard to believe on a PS2 that's only 6 months old, especially since my PS2 before that was from Launch Day, and lasted over 2 years.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

There might be an issue with a double-check although that depends on what version your PS2 is. If it's recent like you said then it's likely a v7+ machine which means that when fitted with a Magic 3.1 chip backups of double-check protected games will not boot.

3. Siraris

Siraris Guest

Ok, well if thats the case, is there anything I can do to circumvent it?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The only thing that I'm aware of that you could do is change out your mod chip to a Magic V, or for now, setting for playing the original with the mod in sleep mode.