1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Egg, Poor Customer Service?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Apprentik, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Apprentik

Apprentik Member

First off, I want to say Afterdawn is an excelent site. I have perused it and finally joined.

I want to inquire as to what has been your experience with the vendor named "New Egg", if any.

I usually use B&H, but New Egg had the Westinghouse 1080p high Definition LCD T.V. monitor, 37" for cheaper shipping for me out here in California compared to B&H.

This happened just recently with New Egg: A few hours after I order the above TV, New Egg put up a promotion for a free digital camera, and wouldn't reto-active it for me despite that my TV hadn't shipped!

I have always had great C.S. from my old stand by, and I consider New Egg's tactice very poor cutomer service, despite what they common belief is on their web site.

Am I the only dissatisfied New Egg customer, or is the problem me? Am I expecting too much to ask to be retroacted into a deal for a free camera, after placing my order 20 hours prior and the itemnot having been shipped?

Thanks for any tiny advice or input as to whether I am expecting too much from New Egg customer service in this regard. Andre

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

did you get your tv? was it everything you were wanting for the money you spent? well it is kinda like if you go into a store to buy some bananas and you go into the same store twenty hours latter and the same bananas you bought comes with a camera do you think that the store should give you a camera? i think not it is just one of theese thing that happens, you are just s.o.l

3. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i use newegg all the time and im very happy with the CS i have recieved , i have RMA'ed many things over some time and have had contact with them a few times and i have nothing to complain about

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Understand your frustration with the order.

BEFORE the order shipped I would have considered cancelling the order and then placing a new order to get the freebie. Probably too late for that tactic now.

Wonder why they would not do something for you? Most vendors have some sort of "price matching" policy. Find the same item within 30 days . . . you know the rest. Seems like they could come up with something for you in this case.

As far as RMAs. Have done several with Newegg. Only problem there is you get to pay shipping it back to them (no refund on shipping). That can get to be annoying!

5. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I have had nothing but problems in all my dealings with Newegg. A lot of stuff seems to be of sub-standard quality to me. In fairness, Newegg has long had a decent reputation in the customer service department. Hope this is of some value to you in the future.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  6. Apprentik

Apprentik Member

Thanks all of you for the empathy.

New Egg got back in touch with me after I made a second attempt to plead my case. They said they will not honor the deal to me because it was not valid the day before, at the moment I placed my order...

So, They have certainly not developed a loyal customer in me. I'm going back to B&H.