1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new from SONY???????

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by brattboy, Apr 1, 2007.

1. brattboy

brattboy Member

I'm trying to copy my dvd "the holiday" and i cannot do it,
    - my comp dvd players(one player and one writer) cannot read the dvd disc...which means it won't auto play. when i click on my computer the drive h:(player) or drive g:(writer) don't even recognize the disk? So mystery is, if i'm using a computer to play the movie, i cannot watch it, because i load the the disc on a regular dvd player and it played?

Does anybody have this problem lately?

2. onya

onya Guest

3. brattboy

brattboy Member

onya, can you direct me to "links" where i can update my burner and rom drives firmware.

thank you....

4. onya

onya Guest

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I wouldn't go flashing your drive with new firmware just yet. This is not your problem at all if you are having a problem playing an original DVD, and I wouldn't recommend anyone update there firmware until they really needed to.

Can you give us some more information? Like what programs do you have installed? If AnyDVD is one of the programs try turning that off or uninstall it and then see if the disk plays. Also what brand and model DVD writer do you have?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  6. brattboy

brattboy Member

i have a liteon dvd burner, actually two of them the other is a liteon dvd rw with lightscribe...i will uninstall anydvd and try it again...

i have dvd shrink, dvd decrypter, dvdfabdecrypter, imageburn, vobblanker, pgcedit and nero smart....

thanks bbmayo....will update everybody later...

7. brattboy

brattboy Member

to bbmayo and onya,

it work, my dvd player/burner read the disc.

thank you...

8. onya

onya Guest

Hi Bbmayo, I'm baffled and now curious, as to why you would uninstall AnyDVD?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Onya,

I am not sure exactly why, but I have been seeing this happen to a lot of people lately with the newer releases. I know AnyDVD acts more like a driver than anything else and I am suspecting a conflict with the DVD ROM or Writer somewhere. Some people can just turn off AnyDVD and that solves the problem, some actually have to un-install it. Myself I haven't had this problem, but then again I don't have AnyDVD automatically start when windows starts. I just fire it up when ever I might need it, but I haven't even used AnyDVD in a while anyway. I like DVDFab Decrypter for ripping the DVD to the hard drive :)