1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Gears of War maps!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Erickix, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Erickix

Erickix Regular member

Hey all not sure if this has been noted yet, but as of Wensday January 10th, you will be able to aquire two new maps from xbox live market place for free! This is definatly a delight for me since I was in need of some new maps for online. Have fun!

-Seg

2. emachine

emachine Guest

Thats pretty frickin sweet.

3. modster

modster Regular member

cool beans!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  4. Erickix

Erickix Regular member

Oh awsome. I just dug a little deeper on this and it turns out Epic is updating GoW today. Heres what they are doing for the time being...

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
    • Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
    • Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
    • Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
    • Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
    • Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
    • Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
    • Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
    • Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
    • Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
    • Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
    • Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
    • Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
    • Added additional cheat detection code
    • Additional housekeeping updates

Its really nice to see how motivated Epic is to make this a more entertaining experience for online gamers. I can't wait to play those maps...

5. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

what do you mean by that like you cant get helped up or cant help your self up more than a sertain amount of times?

6. Razengan

Razengan Regular member

There are two new maps: Old Bones and Raven Down. The first is a huge map that keeps the trend followed by most GOW maps we know. The second is an extremely short map that is the antithesis to all that, meaning you always appear a few steps away from battle and you can only find a couple of frag granades to help you win it. Raven Down is my favorite of the two.