1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guide For AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kenneth1, Jan 16, 2005.

1. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

Is there a new guide on how to use ANY DVD, I cant figure out on how to use it

2. brobear

brobear Guest

No guide needed. You simply turn it on and let it go to work. There are few selections that ever need to be changed. Read the product description at the official web site. http://www.slysoft.com

3. hursty

hursty Active member

anydvd is a silent program that runs in the background ,removing any protection along the way.as long as the little fox is on your toolbar.
    if you have downloaded it,and i mean not paid for it,never upgrade when prompted.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

It's a 3 week trial which is clocked.

5. jlo_jlo

jlo_jlo Member

can anydvd be used with dvd xcopy platinum 4.0.3.8 thx

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

In most cases Anydvd can be run behind any program for additional decrypting help. I never tried it with X copy myself.

Jerry

7. brobear

brobear Guest

It's a good idea to run it with Xcopy. A lot of newer encryption methods have been added to DVDs since 321 stopped support and development. As Jerry stated, you can use AnyDVD to support any program. I leave it running all the time to support all my recording programs. DVD Shrink is another program that benefits from the use of an up to date ripper.

8. jlo_jlo

jlo_jlo Member

thx guys
    hey brobear
    i seen dvd shrink just don't know on the how to.
    i currently have xcopy platinum but always like to have others for backups.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

10. Biovett

Biovett Member

Hello,
    I ran Any DVD along with DVD X copy Plat.
    I tried it with "The Forgotten" -- It didn't work.

11. flip218

Yea, your right ... I just tested w/ Platinum RF and it locked up.

If you have Platinum RF or any RF versions, you can rip with the newest DVD Decrypter then run it through XCopy RF.

12. Biovett

Biovett Member

Hello,
    DVD Decrypter hangs up also, get a bunch of error msgs, then can't read disk ( The Forgotten )

13. flip218

it must be your disc, because I successfully ripped the movie with the newest dvd decrypter v3.5.2.0 (anydvd turned off and disabled)

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Biovett
    It's gotten to be something of a contest, the industry tries to build an impervious encryption system and the decryption software groups race to develop a decryption tool that will break the newer systems. If the industry successfully finds a more effective or different system the "decrypters" so far have broken them. So often it may take a bit of a wait until the software catches up. In some instances editing with a patch can help. So, sometimes when a movie first comes out with a new encryption setup, it may be a little while before it can be backed up. Never fear though, there's a small army on it almost instantly.

[bold]As flip said, it looks like you may have a bad disc. You're reporting a problem with a DVD that's been recorded successfully before[/bold].

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  15. McNugget

McNugget Member

I had same prob with The Forgotten using DVDX. My solution was used DVDdecrypter with AnyDVD running in background, then ran ISO through DVDShrink and burned with DVDDecrypter. Perfect working backup. Try it out.

16. brobear

brobear Guest

Possibly some people are being upset by the warning Can't Patch... That comes from the unreadable sector encryption on some DVDs while being ripped with DVD Decrypter. With DVDs that have the unreadable sector encryption the warning pops up at the end of the rip (or has so far). I just press OK and continue. With some discs the warning pops up several times. Without the files being patched, Decrypter still completes the rip successfully and programs can use the ripped files. I've not had a failed one yet.

With AnyDVD, the analysis page gives relevant encryption info for the DVD. Here is an example from RE2 that I saved to show as an example.
    [bold]Summary for drive F:
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
    Media is CSS protected!
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
    Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
    Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
    Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1![/bold]

With AnyDVD, RE2 went through Shrink's analysis in a minute, more or less. Normally what Shrink successfully analyzes, it can successfully encode.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  17. Biovett

Biovett Member

Hello,
    Hey Flip218, You were right, it was a bad disk, I took it to a different store and exchanged it, the new one worked great.

Thanks