1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HD Loader Problem... Please Help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mindstate, Oct 7, 2004.

1. mindstate

mindstate Member

I just got my Hd loader today and ran into a problem. I don't know if anyone else's PS2 does this but when I insert HD loader disc it goes to the regular PS2 logo screen, then the screen goes black and back to the browser. The disc is on the browser but when i try to load it the same thing happens. The disc works, because I have loaded it sucessfully and backed some games already but only after I reset the Ps2 15-20 or more times (not exaggerating).
    I dont know my PS2 version but I bought it when it first came out in the U.S. and my hard drive is a Hitachi 7K250 200gb 7200rpm. Some people have told me it was the lens, but all my other discs work fine.

Some one Please help.

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

ur ps2 is very old and ur lenz is probably worn out. u could try adjustin the angle. or is ur disk scrached?

3. mindstate

mindstate Member

Are you sure its the lens? My PS2 doesn't have any problems reading other games in my collection.The HD Loader disc is not scratched either.

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

well if it worked ok before and now theres problems, then its either the lenz or the disk.
    I also heard hdloader is pressed onto cheap disks or something but i dont realy care about that since mine is exploit version.

5. mindstate

mindstate Member

What do you mean the exploit version?

6. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

www.filemirrors.com search=hdloader

memory card exploit installs the hdloader program to memory card and will boot to the harddrive when an original PS1 game is put in.