1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new here just bought an xbox need help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Headless, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Headless

Headless Guest

hello everyone. i just made my xbox purchase tonight and im really wanting to mod it, i dont want to solder it up yet so i was planning on using a solderless chip, perhaps the executer 2.2 lite pro... would it work with my xbox? i checked out xbox scene and mines manufacturing date is 08-19-03, what would you all recommend? thanks.

2. Spine

Spine Member

Well a Lite Pro you still have to solder something. I think its 1 wire. If you want to go completey wireless you want to go with a 2.2 Lite Plus.

3. Headless

Headless Guest

alright, now will that work with my xbox? its manufacturing date is 08-19-03... xbox scene saied it was probibly a version 1.4 er 1.5... will that chip work with it?

4. Spine

Spine Member

Yes as far as i know it should.

5. Piggy

Piggy Member

If you do not want to solder, then you can use pogo pins with the X-ecuter chips, no soldering at all ;?

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If it's a v1.5 then there's no way to get around soldering. M$ cut power to the LPC on v1.5's so that they could eliminate the possibility of using solderless chips.
    I think there's a way to tell by the serial number somewhere on Xbox-scene to see if it's a v1.4 or 1.5.
    RustyDog