1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Information

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Pauljb, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Pauljb

Pauljb Guest

Hey, recently got ps2, v8, and got a swap magic v3.6. new to all this copying stuff, but went out and bought the ritek dvd-r g05 disc and got my games and copied the image to hard disk and then to dvd-r at 8x!!!!. works perfectly, dont c y u say u need 1x or 2x.

was wanting to know, does playing copys put ur laser under more stress than normal. also can anyone recomend a hard drive for the ps2, and can i use the hd as a memory card?

cheers for all ur help in getting me started.

2. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

You need to burn at 1x, 2x because most games wont work if you burn the game at highrethen that, PLus in a while your games wont even work becuse you burnt it at so high. Your games will skip and freeze. I would get a harddrve. I have one myself but i do no tknow if you can use it as a memory card.

3. Pauljb

Pauljb Guest

i dont understand.
    I burnt a game at 8x and one at 4x and they all worked fine. and i dont see how the games will start to skip and freeze if i keep the dvds in good cond. cause the information is in there and the games work fine now. i use a plextor dvdrw and they are renouned for there good quality, wud this make a difference?

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

"Real" discs are pressed metal, mechanically made media. The presses are precise. Burning is a sloppy method to recreate the process, using dyes that can have pits and grooves "burned" into the chemical, making an illusion of how a "real" disc would look and work. If you compare a pressed media and a burned media under a microscope, you can see that the pressed media is fairly precise, while the burns are fairly erratic, and it's almost a miracle that burning works at all.

Your gonna have problems with Newer games at 8x.
    try backing up ratchet and clank UYA at 8x.
    I guarantee the audio and cutscenes will skip.
    Most smaller TOC games it wont matter.
    But on newer high TOC games it will make a difference.

I learned the hard way.
    Now i burn at 2x.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  5. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

I alos learned the hardway. so now i burn at 2x every time.