1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Interesting Nero Problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gqt101, Jan 9, 2005.

1. gqt101

gqt101 Member

I have been backing up my exhaustive DVD collection (500+ movies) and used to use Fuji Film DVD's from Best Buy. my friend is in the video editing industry got me a great deal on ProDisc DVD's. i have been having sucess with DVD shrink burning to the disc with no problem. But in order to free up disc space i delete the archive file after the disc is burned. The fuji film discs are burnable Disc To Disc through nero (which is fully upgraded to 6.6) but the Pro Discs give me a Data read error at 97% completion.

Has anyone else had this problem or is it something new with nero or prodiscs.

The reason i ask is that my little daughter has ruined a few of the Disney movies and i only have the back up left and i can't seem to get it to burn disc to disc. Do i have to load to the HD everytime???

Thanks

gqt101

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

One of the problems with cheap/poor quality blank discs is that they start to have read errors several months after they were burned. This could be why you are having that read error from a copy. Try ripping it to your HD with Decrypter and see if it reads the disc completely. Decrypter is somewhat better at reading damaged or defective files. If successful then burn it back also with decrypter.
    Just a suggestion, doing disc to disc copies of dvds isn't the best process because of the amount of data being transfered. Better going to the HD first when doing a backup with less chance of errors.

Jerry