1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Intervideo DVDCopy 2 issue

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by winnebago, Aug 15, 2004.

1. winnebago

winnebago Member

I hope someone here has seen this issue and knows how to fix it. Intervideo tech support isn't exactly jumping to solve my problem. Here we go!

I have Intervideo DVDCopy Version 2.0B002.09C00 straight from the website. Every version of DVDCopy 2 has skipped the finalizing disc phase. It does the transcode and writes to the disc but quickly brushes past the finalizing disc phase and leaves me with a coaster. Version 1.2 doesn't do this but I would like to use the version I have paid for. This happens on both machines with a DVD burner in my house.

Here's my DVD process. I use DVD Decryptor 3.2.3.0 to remove CSS protection and make a ISO image of the DVD9 disc. I then mount the image using Daemon Tools v 3.44. I then transcode the mounted ISO using DVDCopy. Nothing magical here and it works with version 1.2 of DVDCopy. I am also using grade 05 Ritek media which works with every other burning program out there just fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

System Specs
    AMD AthlonXP 3000+
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MoBo (v1.008 BIOS)
    1 gig Kingston RAM
    Sony DRU-700A with VY05 firmware
    Windows XP with SP2 (also happened on SP1)
    ATI 9800 Pro 128 with Catalyst 4.7
    Latest NForce drivers except IDE (using standard XP drivers)

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

Hiya

It's been some time since I had "tinkered" with this software. I also had problems, but they werent as you stated. Although I have read about them on other forums.

Your method of ripping to iso then mounting with daemon tools seems a little odd to me. I would personally just rip with decrypter in "files" mode, then just load those into Intervideo. (Or use dvd shrink to remove unwanted "material", zero compression backup, prior to transcoding with Intervideo.)

Now to the burning problem. I would be tempted to set the "target" file to the hard drive & not the blank disk. IE eliminate the problem at source. Use nero or another proprietary tool to burn it. Darn you could even re-load the files back into shrink & do a no compression "backup" & set the "target" to iso, then use DVD decrypter to burn it.

I am sorry this has not cured your problem, but hopefully it will do as a "work around"

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

winnebago

Do what brian said and rip it in file mode with DVD Decrypter and then open it using DVDcopy2. You can forget using the other tools they're not needed. Let us know how it works.

4. winnebago

winnebago Member

Brian100 and Sophocles:

Thanks for your help. It never even dawned on me to rip to the hard drive and burn from there. I guess I was too close to the problem.

The results were great. I used DVDCopy2 to burn to a folder on the hard drive and then used Nero to burn to DVD. The quality is quite good and all features work that are supposed to.

As to using Daemon Tools, I just found it easier when I was figuring out how to do all this a year ago. Old habits die hard. I get into a process and usually stay with it because it works. When it fails, I troubleshoot along the process to see where it fails rather than reinvent the wheel. Just the way I am programmed.

Anyway, the issue has been solved for now. Thanks a ton for your suggestions!

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

winnebag

Glad it worked, but you don't need Nero to burn it with DVDcopy2 has its own burning engine. Try it and save a little time.

6. winnebago

winnebago Member

Sophocles:

That was my problem. DVDCopy 2, for reasons I cannot explain, would never close the disc properly. It would go to the finalizing disc phase and quickly say completed. The discs could never be read thus my dilemma. By taking the burning engine out of the picture and using another, I have bypassed the problem while still getting a really good transcode.

Thanks again for your help!

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

winnebago

I suppose if you're happy that's enough, if you decide to give it a try remember you have to select your burner under source.

8. zx12

zx12 Member

I seem to have the same problem. Intervideo dvd copy1 works fine intervideo dvd copy2 leaves an open session. I hope this gets fixed soon, it really is easier to just use 2 products rather than several. I used to use dvddecryptor (filemode) then intervideo dvdcopy2 to transcode & burn.