1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ipod Video out

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by irongiant, Sep 10, 2007.

1. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Ok, i almost bought the new ipod classic, this past weekend, but i desided to wait, i curently own a 5 gen 30gb ipod video, but i hear from buzz out loud that apple disable the tv out on the headphone jack, i have the av cables and this is how i watch my tv shows i get from itunes, i dont know if this is true or not, anybody knows please let me know.

2. Ayong

Ayong Member

I am in the situation just the same like you. I decided to wait, if it true then I will never buy it! How can I waste 350.00 just to watch video on that creepy small screen like that (after working hard downloading the video that takes money and time?) and still could not watch it on tv screen? whew! I'd better stick with my old tradition, rent dvd, pay it, watch it on my giant 55inches tv screen, and return it, of course at a small fraction of cost! and get so satisfied... ipod with it lilliput screen? no thanks.

3. blugal

blugal Member

My dad bought an mp4 ipod from china. d manual all chinese, n d setup cd (mini cd) can't load, message said corrupted or incomplete. d details:

software: VTL-V6.1.1
    Hardware: DVT2.1
    Audio: Audio Version V0.6.13

Wat ipod is this?

4. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

All you need to use the ipod on pc or mac is itunes, no special software is required, itunes is available free from apple.com, i'm not sure why you got a setup cd. try installing itunes.

5. blugal

blugal Member

i do have itunes. i converted my video to mp4 format n store it to my ipod. wen i play it, i keep getting dis video file error/unsupported. i did follow d guides available.

6. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

How did you coverted to mp4, what software you use, is best if you use videora to or nero i have use both and haven't had any problems playing back.

7. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  8. blugal

blugal Member

thanx, xlioilx! so, it's a clone. it was bought from china, so i dun think i can return or ask for my money back. (i live in malaysia!) at least i can still play mp3s on it! but can i play videos on it though? i tried to convert it to mp4, but keeps on reading file format error!

9. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Try putting plain Mpeg videos or even Avi or any of the other standars out there it may work.

10. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

On that site it says that the device only supports videos in AMV format not AVI or anything else. I have no clue what AMV is. Try videohelp.com for help on converting

*quote*
    The viewfinder of videos is enough sencillito… does not see with a great quality of video nor you are expected good frame rate, since I have specified previously single supports videos codified in AMV later, so you do not put *.avi to him to hair because it will not recognize it.*/*

I know its very broken english, but that google translate for you.

The page also describes how the box that the device comes in says that it supports mp4 when it does not only AMV, so trying to play MP4 is pointless....hope this helps

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  11. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

I think your best bet is to get yourself a real ipod, they are cheap now since the new ones have lunch, you can even get your self a 8gb nano for less than $200.00 dollars or you can find online from apple a refurbish one. Good luck friend.

12. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

I strongly disagree dont get a nano I had one get the video and upgrade it with ipod wizard so you can change the themes. The other choice is the classic, but it does not work with ipw :(
    Plus irongiant I think your missing the point she could not play video on her iFakePod why would she want a old video less nano?? and only 8gb so small..

13. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

yea i ment get the video nano, but im not sure if they are available where she or he is. an 8 gb video nano is the best bet or a refurbish from apple, it comes with warranty.

14. blugal

blugal Member

but it can play avi. the fake ipod has a video recording function, so when i record a video, it's in avi format. but when i play the videos on my computer, there's no picture, just audio. i need h263 codec. maybe i can convert my videos to the same format as the ones recorded from the ipod rite? but wat program can let me convert it with h263 codec?

15. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

do you mean h264 try this its a all in one codec

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffdshow

If you do mean h263 it should also work fine

*QUOTE FROM WIKIPEDIA*
    H.263 video can be decoded with the free LGPL-licensed libavcodec library (part of the ffmpeg project) which is used by programs such as ffdshow, VLC media player and MPlayer.*/QUOTE*

this should work great but how to convert I have no clue try videohelp.com I'm short on time right now or I would do it.sry :p

16. david94

david94 Regular member

ok im in a stuation just lke ths with a 5.5g 80gb video and getting a classic and i have had my ipod games like a month will they all work fne on the classic. old ipod games on ipod classic will they work?

17. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Ok no the games you purchace for your 5gen ipod wont work on the new classic and i check it out my self the video out is disable on the new ipod classic but only for the video out on the headphone jack, you can still use the dock connector to connect to the tv. thats my excuse to get the dock that comes with remote. also if you listen to buzz out loud potcast episode 564 they talk about the fact that games you bought for your ipod you may need to buy again.

18. xlioilx

xlioilx Member

I was reading somewhere that apple will give you credit if you just purchased the game for the 5g. you just have to contact apple support.

19. abscheele

abscheele Member

20. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Yeah but, why they disable the video out thru headphone jack? i don't understand. They should have left it the way it was. more third partys manufactures will be loosing out. lol but hey why should Apple care lol.