1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Itunes ignores my old Napster files- HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by LoveLAX44, Mar 25, 2007.

1. LoveLAX44

LoveLAX44 Member

Hello - I am new, so I would first like to say that this is a great place to find lots of important information! Here is my problem:

I first started downloading music from Napster back before it was officially illegal. I have also periodically used BearShare and now Limewire. I also have some CD music on my PC. I recently got a 30g video I Pod (I had an older version before). When I installed the newest version of I Tunes, it pulls the artist files from the older version, but most of the songs (90% of my 2,500 songs) do not show up in ITunes or on my IPod. I have tried to deliniate which files do/do not show up, but there is no pattern (new Limewire songs, old CD songs, some old Limewire and/or Bearshare/Napster, but not ALL of them).

I have tried to "Import files" individually (a pain in the a$$ since the older version split all my music into about 1,000 "artist" files), to no avail.

I have tried "consolidate library," which also doesn't work.

I would like to know two things-
    1. Can I "ask" ITunes to search my PC and pull ALL forms of audio file into itself?
    2. Why aren't 2,250 of my songs showing up in ITunes?

Thank you all so much!

Lauren

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Are you sure the songs are in the right format?

3. LoveLAX44

LoveLAX44 Member

My guess is that they could all be in different formats, seeing as how they came from all different places.

1. What format(s) is acceptable?
    2. How do I change all the files, without having to click them each individually?

Thanks!

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

The formats that are supported for audio are:

-AAC
    -AIFF
    -Apple Lossless
    -MP3
    -WAV

If your files are some other format, you will need an audio converter to convert them to one of the above formats. The newest iTunes converts some formats for you such as mpeg to MP3, but I'm not sure what else it will convert.