1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Kid On The Block, and i desperately need help from everyone!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manifesto, Nov 6, 2003.

1. manifesto

manifesto Guest

ok guys, before i get my kneecaps blown off i just wanted to say the question that i have needs more than one answer, thats the reason why im posting. ok i used the Gameshark 2 to play backup cds. my question is my ol' friend is the one that got me into this thing but now i cant get a whole of him and thats why im turning to you guys, my new friends! hopefully you cant help. i come here with alot of respect and i hope i get that back from this wonderfull&helpfull forum. i have no idea on how to back up my ps2 games, as i posted im new to this thing. ive done my research thru the net and so far this is what i got. ive downloaded these programs: "Addzero" "isobuster" "cic" and "cdrwin" <-- ive got the demostration mode. i dont know if this would help at all? can i still backup my games with this type of cdrwin, i know its the slowest ever 1x. but i dont mind i have patience. now what i need to know is how these things go together? whats addzero for? isobuster? cic? im confused, wich ones go together... please if theres any guidelines that demonstrate the right way guide me thru. or if you think you know how to teach me, please do so im really ready to learn. do i need a specific cd-writer? do i need a dvd-writer? what are the best cds to use? please guys give me a hand. thanks alot

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The only program you mentioned that you would need is cdrwin. If it's the Goldenhawk version, click the CD Copy icon (I believe it's the 2nd from the left on the top row when the program starts), select the reader and writer, and click start. The 1x limitation is fine. It's been debated here many times whether the burn speed matters but I find that my backups done at 1x last longer than ones done at faster speeds. There's also a tutorial thread posted at the top of this forum that will give you more details.

3. manifesto

manifesto Guest

mr. icemonkey, i have a little problem trying to access this icon. it reads "no supported cdrom-recorder was found on the system". therefore i cant achieve nothing. please what the hell does this means? anyone that can help. pinch in with your toughts.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You can take ps2 dvd games and put them onto cds, but it is a lot of work. I recommend getting a pioneer dvd recorder. Then you put the disc in and make an iso image (with any program you want, i use dvd decryptor because it is free and works everytime), then use the same program to burn the image on a dvd. Im not sure if gameshark 2 will load dvd games though, you might need swap magic. Also how are you going about using the gameshark to play backups, flip top, swipe card?

Oh yeah, if it is a cd based game, just make a 1 to 1 copy just like a music cd._X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  5. manifesto

manifesto Guest

alright sly, thanks for the tip. so in order to burn dvd games im going to need to buy a dvd burner? hmm.. what about if i have a cd-r and it also plays dvd. my computer plays dvd. but itd doesnt burn dvd's. anyhow how much are we talking about if i want to buy the pioneer burner?.. and about the cd base game i dont get it. cd base games are the ones that are purple on the buttom? and are you sure if i burn it like a regular cd its going to play back with my gameshark2? i use i thin knife to move the little white stick left and right. thats how i load up my games and i load them without codes... please give me more info on the dvd thing. guys is there any other way? or do i just gotta go and and get the dvd burner. ive heard of patches but i got no idea how that works.please guys help me out!

6. manifesto

manifesto Guest

one more thing sly. if copying cd base games is like a music cd.. what exactly do i do. i know it sounds funny. but when it comes to playstion 2 subjects im very dumb on that subject. i dont need to change the files or nothing. if so how i do that?

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Dvd burners are between $100-$150. Yes cd based games have the purple bottom and also say cd on the front. You just make a copy of them you don't need to do anything special (should work with the gameshark and the knife you are using). It is possible with what you have to put dvd games onto cds, but it is VERY complicated and i dont know how to do it.