1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new laptop, will Nero 7 unlimited edition work ??

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jimcreedx, Apr 1, 2007.

1. jimcreedx

jimcreedx Guest

i got my new laptop yesterday, have anydvd and clone dvd on it, will nero 7 unlimited edition work, i know i had problems on my desktop pc w/ nero 7 and i had to search for a older version of nero. i guess i just want to know if the newer nero will pose a problem for me and if i need to search for that older version of nero again.

btw i am using an external drive to burn so i don't fry the drive that came w/ the laptop. any advice on this stuff guys?

2. onya

onya Guest

XP or vista? With XP the Slysoft apps are great, they work for most, but not all newer movie releases. Clone recodes like the nero 7 feature, but use DvdClone2, that would be my weapon of choice between the two. Keep your burning speeds low, use a speed Half of the rated speed. Keep the media quality as high as you can. Taiyo yuden or verbatim are very good choices.
    With Xp, yes, but if you get errors, post 'em before getting that older version.
    If the budget allows, then good advise for sure. Don't multitask when backing up, and defrag your hdd at least weekly. Keep it in tip top shape.