1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Laptop with Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Wings13, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Wings13

Wings13 Member

I am going to purchase a new laptop as my old one is about shot. I am wondering if it is worth purchasing one now with Windows Vista, or should I wait a while? Is Vista working ok now and is it worth the money? Or should I wait for the bugs to be worked out?

2. onya

onya Guest

Perhaps you have answered your own question, we are talking about M$oft afterall. If I could warrant the expense of purchasing a new pc, for the same reasons as yourself, then have no doubts, go for vista. I wouldn't pay good money for old technology, period.

Then there's the argument about upgrading for upgradings sake. This is a different matter altogether in my opinion. The OS that I'm currently using, works ok, everything that I use with it functions well. I'd definetely hang back on this one. Sooner or later, Vista also will become yesterdays hero. Que sera sera!

Cheers.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well if you are thinking about buying a new laptop you probley won't have a choice that is if you are buying from the big box stores, they are installing vista in everything that is comming out now,