1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new laser problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wabashman, Jan 14, 2008.

1. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ok, so i replaced the laser in my ms25 drive today. figured it was needing one, as it would lock up occasionally on load screens, and was giving me a lot of dirty disc, disc unreadable errors. however, now it only loads a few of my burnt games. it doesnt have a problem loading origonal games, but wont load most of the burnt ones. all of the burnt ones were burnt using the same program, same burning speed, and all on verbs. ive attempted the rubber band trick, and hasnt helped all that much. before the RB trick, it would mainly get open tray errors. however with the RB in place, it recognizes that there is a disc in the drive, and will start to play it, but i imediatly get the disc unreadable error. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

thank you now ill have to fidle with the rails some to figure this out.

4. szabek

szabek Member

I posted a message on the other thread. I am having the same problem, i got the open tray message after installing the new laser. i am trying out the railing thing but i dont know where it supposed to be the 2 black screws. Please help me i am trying to do this since 4 hours now.
    Thanks