1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New LG GSA-H42LI won't do Vista

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by lbeck, May 16, 2007.

1. lbeck

lbeck Member

Great price for a powerful multiburner. However, it crashes my Vista computer down to the Bios screen with some operations - especially when trying to copy/view .VRO (DVD-RAM video) files in Win Explorer.

I called LG about a month ago to see what is the problem. They said that they are developing a Vista driver and it should be available soon. I think I'm at "soon" now, but LG has a terrible support system and I can't find anything about new drivers anywhere on their website.

Can anyone who has/is having the problem help by directing me to a site or addressing this problem. When I finally called support a month ago I was about 30 minutes waiting for a 10-second coversation. I'd rather check on-line if possible.

Thanks

2. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

My opinion.........LG has the WORST customer support of ANY brand and Vista is a waste of time.......stay with XP.

3. lbeck

lbeck Member

Fiji,

Your opinions put you on record regarding LG support and Vista. As it turns out - I agree with them both. However, I have too much time invested in my changes to accommodate Vista, eventhough with hindsight I wouldn't have *upgraded* so quickly. I don't plan to reformat and reinstall XP. And I think Vista will ultimately get the bugs out and drivers will be developed for the stuff that I have that doesn't work.

That brings me back to my question - Does anyone know about driver usdate for the LG GSA-H42LI? It's one of their newest drives and I presume that a Vista driver has or will be developed.