1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mac Trying to Burn a DVD

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Nrth16, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I was a PC user but now a mac user. I am trying to take a blu-ray disk and burn it to a dvd disc. Can someone help me out with directions on how to do this with a mac. I am a newbie with a mac so I need the help. What programs do I need and instructions on how to.

I am used to using shrink and anydvd.

thanks for the help!!!

2. westy91

westy91 Member

As far as i know mac cant support any form of blu ray whether it be burning or playing. I believe there playing the waiting game for blu ray to take off. typical for apple to be slightly behind the curve with nice interfaces. I believe roxio toast 10 may support blu ray burning but I don't believe apple has released a driver for mac operating systems yet. !! mabey go for it on the PC!!...

if your looking for the slickest way to burn movies with your mac go Mac the ripper----> dvd2oneX---->Roxio toast 9 or 10. Quality is excellent .

best of luck.!

3. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

will mac the ripper and dvd2onex and roxo toast 9 or 10 work to transfer a blue ray to a dvd?

4. westy91

westy91 Member

As far as my knowledge goes ... no.. but that does not mean its not possible by any means. Maybe check out some of the dvd and blu ray section forums. happy hunting