1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW MALWARE TROJAN

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by jobrla, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jobrla

jobrla Member

Good Moring all,

Just got this new MALWARE called "NEW MALWARE TROJAN" that I can not seem to get reid of. MCfee did not detect and will not remove. Is there any fee-ware out the that I can down load to remove??? and info would be much appreciated
    Thanks

2. capnJayd

capnJayd Member

Just my opinion, but McAfee and Norton are worth about as much as a bucket of lint. If you haven't used AVG, try that. If that fails to detect it, try http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm
    It's not really great at getting rid of it, but it can show you where you should be looking. Just run a free scan (it's ok to allow the activeX content from that page, I already have, and no harm done.
    What does the worm do? And do you know what the exe is called? Like, from task-manager?
    (this is for AVG)
    http://www.grisoft.com/doc/31/us/crp/0

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  3. jobrla

jobrla Member

Thanks for the reply,

What it does is it puts a caution like stop sign at the bottom of my screen and also a circle with a line through it. If I click on it, it will take me the internet and want me to buy some antivirus/malware programs

4. jobrla

jobrla Member

I just purchase PC TOOLS Spy Doctor and Register Machanic, I also just picked up PCCILLIAN, and will dump McCaffe

5. douchrti

douchrti Member

Sounds like the Software Scam Program called Adware, not to be confused with Ad-Aware.
    Its a pain.

Im using BitDefender right now. Its the first all-in-one Ive used.
    Used to use Avast with Ad-Aware and Sygate Firewall.

6. jobrla

jobrla Member

THANKS, WILL TRY